Up to £35000 per annum
Vital Bristol Technology
6 months ago
Our client is an integrated facilities management services who provide the solutions, support, and facilities management services and they are looking for a HSE Advisor to cover sites in Whiteley, Swanwick, Hedge End and occasional travel to Prestwick.
- Introduce and manage H&S in keeping with the NATS Centres, albeit a scaled version to suit.
- Undertake supporting tasks for the contract, reporting to the relevant committee meetings.
- Standardised reporting, alignment to NATS policies & contingency
- This role is responsible for the development and provision of regulatory advice, guidance and support to the clients UK Staff.
- To implement the company and clients corporate strategy for Health and Safety assurance.
- To support the Regional and Site Managers with the management of Health, Safety and Environment throughout the clients UK portfolio and undertake accident investigations.
- To measure performance against the H&S policy and identify good practice and areas for improvement where required.
- Liaise with other locations across UK to ensure statutory compliance at all times and adhere to H&S & Compliance contract KPI's/SLA's
- To support in the preparation of HSE & Compliance reporting for the client as required and effective interface with client H&S team including joint audits.
- To support the Account Director and central UK H&S/Compliance team in delivering excellence through
- Customer Advice and Guidance
- Risk Assessment Pro-Active/Reactive/Review
- Meeting Attendance and preparation H&S Sub Committee/HSPRG
- Incident Investigation
- Audit/Record Retention
- Policy/Procedure Reviews
- Fire Risk Assessment Review and Action Tracker
- Active Monitoring/Inspections/Surveys/SLO Inspections
- Control of Contractors - RAMS Reviews - Monitoring
- LOLER/COSHH/DSE Provide support and advice to the Facilities Managers and contract teams to ensure their understanding and implementation of the Client's and the Company's health, safety & environmental systems and to assist in the preparation of adequate and effective Plans / Systems.
- Conduct independent inspections to ensure compliance with relevant standards is being achieved on the contract.
- Ensure that all statutory compliance certification is current and maintained.
- Preparation and presentation of effective health & safety training courses, seminars, induction and workshops in accordance with the Client and company policy.
- Provide a monthly safety report.
- Develop, maintain and improve working relationships with the client to ensure mutual trust and respect based on superior service delivery.
- Demonstrate compliance to all applicable statutory standards relating to the operations of the property infrastructure.
- Investigate accidents resulting in injury, significant near miss incidents, SOR's and dangerous occurrences.
- Ensure workplace assessments, fire drills and accident prevention programs are implemented.
- Ensure all client-facing H&S services are efficient and of a high standard and provided in a timely manner.
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- NEBOSH Construction and Fire Certificates preferable
- Evidence of maintaining IOSH CPD
- Qualification in Environmental Management
- Experience in facilities management and property management
- Ability to interface at all levels
- 5 years+ delivering H&S, preferably in an FM environment
- Experience in use of database measurement and reporting software
- Driving licence and ability to attend NATS sites on both a planned and reactive basis
- Ability to think strategically
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension auto enrol
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.