Glasgow, Central Belt, Scotland
Up to £50.00 per hour
10 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR Manager to work for BAE Systems based in Scotstoun within the Maritime Services part of the business. The role will involve providing a range of HR support to the business, HRBPs and line managers requiring a depth of understanding of how to operationalise, integrate and deliver HR processes, projects and change in a business.
- Supports HRBPs and People Managers in planning and implementing the People Plan within a business or business unit
- Uses an understanding of the business and relationship management skills to influence, facilitate and implement change
- Provides operational advice on a range of employment and performance issues and business change based on business needs, working in collaboration with the appropriate Centre of Excellence
- Enables people manager capability uplift, facilitating/supporting/coaching the manager in execution of people initiatives where necessary
- Investigates and resolves complex 3rd tier generalist type queries requiring business knowledge and face to face handling
- Reviews business related people data to identify potential implications within the business context and environment and initiate local actions to resolve these as appropriate
- Manages, leads or contributes to HR projects, including management of LCM for small projects or provide resource and support for larger projects as required
- Channels information to and from HR Shared Services and give guidance to the business on how and where to access appropriate support,
- Encourages employees and line managers to use correct service channels
- Promotes transition to new HR operating model, by encouraging People Managers to adopt self-service functionality
As a HR Manager you will have an understanding of the markets in which BAE Systems operates in including, competitors customers, technologies and trends. You will have a commercial understanding of the business issues particularly the two way 'cause and effect' relationship for the strategic, financial, economic, business development and operational functions of the business. You will have an understanding of the business strategy and able to disseminate this information clearly. A good knowledge of HR policies and practice is required along with a good understanding of HR and how the function operates. You will have an understanding of customer and customer requirements plus an awareness of industry approaches and standards. You must also be able to understand the complexities and subtleties of the business area supported, including understanding of scale, complexity, sensitivity, ambiguity, risk or strategic impact.
- Applies subject matter knowledge to local problems or issues.
- Can resolve complex people problems and issues
- History of making evaluative judgements of both factual and qualitative information drawn from a variety of sources
- Ability to translate strategy into action creating winning solutions and output for the business
An effective communicator, able to manage messages into multiple audience
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Can provide expert technical HR advice
-Strong customer focus and the ability to build relationships
- Proficient in the use of computer systems, particularly MS Office
- Can develop innovative and creative solutions to challenging HR problems and issues
- Can make evaluative judgements of both factual and qualitative information drawn from a variety of sources
The successful applicants will hold a degree in HR Business or equivalent and be CIPD qualified. You will have experience of understanding business requirements, translating into appropriate solutions and delivering within budget/timescales. You will have experience of operating successfully in a manufacturing or project based organisation along with experience of operating within a unionised business and a customer environment.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Human Resources; HRBP; CIPD; HR Generalist; ER; Employment Relations; Employee Relations; Employer Relations; Resource Planning; Trade Unions; Stakeholder management; People development; Talent Management; Succession Planning; HR Policies; Change Management; Mediation; HR Advisor; HR Specialist; Employment Law; People Management; Learning and Development