£15 - £20 per hour
16 days ago
Job Title: HR Business Partner; Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline; Duration: 6 months; Hours: 8.00 am - 4.30 pm Mon - Thurs and 08:00am - 1:00pm on Fridays; Pay rate: PAYE £15 - £20 per hour.
Support departments or business areas in the implementation of operational HR plans and delivery of HR related projects. Apply HR experience and knowledge to a range of situations to support the business in the recruitment, reward, development and retention of employees to meet the current and future needs. The HR Business Partner will be the first point of contact for Line Managers. The role will support HR Managers and Line Managers in operating, integrating, and delivering HR policy and procedures and ensure employees and line management are fully aware and appraised of their legal obligation and the approach of the business to HR matters.
- Embed yourself within teams/projects/areas to fully understand and help guide their strategic direction by providing advice and guidance on people strategy as determined by the HR Leadership team.
- Work in partnership with line management regarding general HR issues and policy such that all queries are resolved and line management are informed of the appropriate company policy, procedure and/or course of action.
- Interpret and/or develop HR policies and procedures in the light of changing company requirements and in line with evolving HR best practise, ensure employees and line management are kept fully aware and appraised of their legal obligation and the approach of the business to HR matters.
- Provide operational advice on a range of employment and performance issues, including investigation and resolution of all stage disciplinary and grievances, and all other case work in line with Company policy.
- Ensure the Company sickness and performance management policies are implemented through supporting employees and line management, monitor/report on long term sickness and administer the long-term disability scheme, facilitating, coaching and mentoring and performance improvement plans, and providing advice where appropriate such that an efficient and timely service is provided.
- Provide support to the HR department, as required, such that departmental obligations and objectives are achieved. Project work may be required to be undertaken along with your day job.
- Channel information to and from HR Shared Service Centre and give guidance to the business on how and where to access appropriate support:
- Encourage employees and line managers to use correct service channels
- Promote transition to new HR operating model by encouraging Line Managers to adopt self-service functionality
This position requires an individual who understand company HR policy and can provide advice and guidance to staff and management about an appropriate way forwards. The position is required to understand and be aware of any precedents that might be relevant to a situation.
Typically requires membership to the CIPD and would benefit from holding or working towards a Level 5 CIPD qualification or equivalent experience.
Morson is acting as an employment business for this position on behalf of the client.