£37000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + benefits
4 months ago
Morson are currently recruiting for an HR Business Partner / Senior HR Officer to join their client's business in the maritime / defence industry.
The role of the Senior HR Officer is to ensure that people matters in the Engineering and MOD divisions are managed in a professional and timely manner, and to support business leaders in the development and performance management of their teams. As HR Champion of Learning and Development the job holder will require an in depth knowledge of company training policies, procedures and processes and the ability to lead on the development and implementation of people plans
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
*As Business Partner you will work with the divisions to understand the business needs ensuring the execution of people related strategies and HR practices to support the delivery of the division's growth.
*Ensures a consistent application of policy and process.
*Internal escalation point and manages cases of HR issues within the business area they support.
*As Learning and Development Champion you will work within the training budget to strategically plan with the business their training needs.
*Manages, develops and leads on organising any training.
*Performance Management process.
*Leading the design and organising of the Graduate/Apprenticeship programmes.
- Work with HR Manager and Heads of Division to support/complete activities/projects
- Ensure HR enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner supporting HR Officers and Advisors where necessary.
- Ensure delivery of identified people solutions, both within the Business Unit and in relation to organisation-wide initiatives.
- Partner with the business unit to analyse the existing workforce and forthcoming changes to support the division to turn workforce strategies into workable plans
- Offering guidance, challenge, and decision-making support to encourage an approach to managing our people effectively.
- Building management and employee engagement and commitment to identified solutions through a range of influencing and communicating skills.
- Providing coaching to managers to equip them to carry out their management and leadership responsibilities.
- Commission transactional and advisory support from Shared Services to support the delivery of day to day people support to the business.
- Act as the Learning & Development champion to design learning and development interventions and products which support line managers to deliver the business unit plans.
*Effective communication - ability to provide concise oral and written communications in response to Divisional requirements
*Enabling change - Interpret and provide HR support for designated Division(s) change
*Dealing with ambiguity - able to translate complex business requirements into clearly defined outcomes
*Building relationships - use person-centred approach to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the Divisions
*Showing personal leadership - using professional judgement to make sound
recommendations when the decision is not clearcut
*Innovation - capacity to find new ways around old problems, searching for creative solutions
*Resilience - ability respond purposefully to setbacks
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading organisation. This position offers a varied and interesting work load within a supportive and friendly environment.