Up to £15.80 per hour
about 1 month ago
We are looking to recruit an HR Advisor to work for BAE Systems in Scotstoun. The jobholder will be responsible for providing a range of HR support to a business, HRBPs and line managers requiring a depth of understanding of how to operationalise, integrate and deliver HR processes, projects and change in a business.
Applies HR experience and knowledge of policy and procedure, and knowledge of a range of business situations to the deployment of HR change and process. Applies knowledge to a range of problems, situations and issues, provides advice and guidance to line managers relating to policy and procedure. Has less independence and provides support to a more senior generalist or HRBP.
You will apply your extensive HR knowledge and experience to investigate, analyse, challenge and make recommendations to resolve problems, issues and generate solutions relating to deployment, operationalisation and integration of HR initiatives and processes.
Duties will involve;
- Manages, leads or contributes to HR projects, including management of LCM for small projects or provide resource and support for larger projects as required
- Supports HRBP's and People Managers in planning and implementing the People Plan within a business or business unit
- Uses an understanding of the business and relationship management skills to influence, facilitate and implement change
- Provides operational advice on a range of employment and performance issues and business change based on business needs
- Enables people manager capability uplift, facilitating/supporting/coaching the manager in execution of people initiatives where necessary
- Investigates and resolves complex 3rd tier generalist type queries requiring business knowledge and face to face handling
- Reviews business related people data to identify potential implications within the business context and environment and initiate local actions to resolve these as appropriate
- Channel information to and from HR Shared Services and give guidance to the business on how and where to access appropriate support,
- Encourages employees and line managers to use correct service channels
- Promotes transition to new HR operating model, by encouraging People Managers to adopt self-service functionality
The role will involve liaising with the wider HR Team, HR Services, Trade Unions and internal stakeholders.
You will have a degree in HR/Business or equivalent and be CIPD qualified. You will have experience of operating successfully in a manufacturing or project based organisation. Experience of operating within a unionized business is essential along with experience of operating within a customer environment
You will have a commercial understanding of business issues and an understanding of the business strategy and be able to disseminate this information clearly. A good knowledge of HR policies and practice is required. You will be able to resolve complex people problems and issues. You will be an effective communicator and able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. Excellent analytical skills are required. Strong customer focus and the ability to build relationships is essential. You will be proficient in the use of computer systems, particularly MS Office. You will be able to develop innovative and creative solutions to challenging HR problems and issues and make judgments of both factual and qualitative information drawn from a variety of sources.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Human Resources; HRBP; CIPD; HR Generalist; ER; Employment Relations; Employee Relations; Employer Relations; Resource Planning; Trade Unions; Stakeholder management; People development; Talent Management; Succession Planning; HR Policies; Change Management; Mediation; HR Advisor; HR Specialist; Employment Law; People Management; Learning and Development