£25000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
22 days ago
Provide generalist advice and guidance in line with employment law and business policy, to develop a partnership approach with managers to ensure operational objectives are met through employee development, performance management, robust recruitment and continuous improvement and that closely supports the overall aim of the HR Agenda.
- Proactively help to manage & reduce absence in line with Company Policy.
- Ensure both managers & employees comply with the attendance management policy whilst employees are absent and when they return to work, eg. RTW's, absence notification etc..
- Attend and monitor return to work interviews on sites with high absence and where possible.
- Arrange & attend health update meetings with employees who are off sick in accordance with the long term sick policy.
Recruitment & Retention
- Work closely with Resourcing and line managers to ensure that the company recruitment policy is being adhered to always.
- Attend any appropriate interviews.
- Give 121 feedback to the candidates.
- Working alongside resourcing and HR Services, ensure that all Job Descriptions & competencies are completed for any vacancies.
- Ensure Exit Interviews are carried out by self, where possible or another independent person.
- Monitor retention statistics and provide proposals to reduce turnover where appropriate.
- Prepare & deliver new starter inductions.
- Responsible for ER issues, keeping the HR team fully abreast of the situation, escalating for support and guidance as required.
- To pragmatically assess options and advise and support managers in the preparation of case information for presentation at disciplinary, grievance, capability and attendance hearings and appeals.
- Support and work alongside HR Services, actively monitoring and actioning Case Management workload