about 1 year ago
HR Advisor; 7 month contract; based in Bristol
We currently have an opportunity for an HR Advisor working within part of the Marine Sector for a defence client based in the Ashton Vale area of Bristol.
As an effective communicator, you will be able to quickly build relationships at all levels to enable you to deliver the required support. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate previous HR experience in a similar environment. A good understanding of employment law is essential, as is the ability to prioritise your workload and be comfortable working both reactively and proactively as the need arises.
Duties will involve
- Supporting the Strategic HR Business Partner in developing and driving people plans.
- Ensuring the operational success of your business areas, working closely alongside local senior site management.
- Providing coaching and support to the local management team for performance management and development.
- Providing guidance on HR policies and processes, supporting employees and managers to apply people policies consistently and fairly.
- Involvement in matters of employee relations, including disciplinary, attendance and grievance issues.
- Supporting with recruitment and selection activity.
- Ensuring all elements of HR administration are carried out by the HR Administration Team - e.g. starters, leavers, referencing, security and compliance checks, etc.
- Collecting, collating and analysing data to spot potential opportunities and risks for the organisation and to assist with MI reporting.
- Focusing on delivering flawless process and relevant, timely and accurate advice and data to support function operations plan.
- Maintaining relevant employment documentation, ensuring all contractual/legal documents and templates are kept up to date and in line with current legislation.
- Ensuring that all activity relating to the employment life cycle is consistent and in line with legislation.
- Recognising own accountability and authority level for handling inquiries.
- Tracking case management performance against SLAs.
- Responsibility for various ad-hoc HR and administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will hold an appropriate degree (or equivalent) and have significant experience working in an HR Advisory role. You will hold a relevant professional qualification (e.g. Associate CIPD level) or equivalent.Excellent relationship building skills are required along with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload. Excellent employee relations knowledge is essential. Experience working within an engineering/ manufacturing environment is desirable. Trade Union experience would be an advantage.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.