Up to £14.45 per hour
3 months ago
HR Advisor; based in Exeter; 6 month contract; £14.45 per hour
We are looking to recruit a HR Advisor to work for a Defence company based in Exeter. the role will involve providing a comprehensive Generalist HR service to managers and employees through the delivery of employee relations advice, guidance and case management to the Education Management team.
Duties will involve;
- Employee Relations focus including full cycle case management work in order to ensure the provision of a comprehensive service to managers.
- Supporting line managers with general HR support and administration.
- Management of complex/high risk case management with escalation, where appropriate to ensure governance, guidance and consistency
- Management of support to Business Unit Lead and HR Business Partners for complex/senior/high risk cases.
- Support Lead and HR Business Partners in the development and deployment of ER and case management supporting policies, tools, guidelines and templates in order to ensure consistency of application across the division complying with company policies.
- Provision of ER and case management advice to managers.
- Analysis of management information in support of the business decision making processes.
- Engagement with Occupational Health in order to effectively manage absence cases.
- Support Lead and HR Business Partners in delivering case management upskilling programme for line managers.
- Centralised tracking of cases in order to share best practice and to standardise processes where appropriate.
- Supporting Performance Management process.
- Other ad hoc duties, for example, projects and initiative support work
The role will involve interfacing with line managers and employees, as well as Lead HR Business Partners and HR Business Partners and also the HR Shared Service Centre.
You will also liaise with Legal Advisers, Occupational Health and Trade unions.
The jobholder will have extensive experience of delivering ER and case management advice along with demonstrable experience in delivering end-to-end case management delivery. You will have experience in the development of tools and guidance associated with ER and case management work along with extensive knowledge of employment law, particularly as it relates to disciplinaries and grievances. -
You will ideally be educated to degree level or have equivalent relevant experience. A CIPD qualification is preferred. Experience of working in operational HR is required. The role is extremely transactional and will be required to carry out Data cleansing etc.
The ideal candidate needs to be confident to be able to push back on all levels of stakeholders. Good communications skills are required and you will be able to hit the ground running. You will also need to have the ability to advise and support managers on general HR matters including capability and disciplinary.
There will be regular travel involved. Once a week the successful person will be required to travel to Worcester and when they start will need to go to Leatherhead for a couple of days training.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.