City of London, London
£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + benefits
14 days ago
Morson are currently partnered with a leading provider of global IT solutions who, following a period of growth, are now in search of Technical Sales Specialist to be based in London
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Join the Data Centre sales team with a focus on driving the vendor across our sales, customer base.
- Own, cultivate and drive go-to-market strategy & engagement around the vendor portfolio.
- Responsible for maximising revenue growth by driving close partnerships both internally & externally and aligning vendor's growth objectives with my clients .
- Joint initiatives as per the agreed business plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and nurture the existing relationships. Establish new relationships within the vendor, my client & externally within the client/prospect base.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives/KPI's.
- Work in close partnership with the internal Sales & Overlay teams to identify new opportunities. Whilst driving proactive development of pipeline.
- Own the execution of the business plan against defined milestones & metrics.
- Maintain and own any certifications requirements that support the vendor accreditation requirements.
- Understand and promote all relevant programs and promotions to maximise the sales opportunity.
- Support the Sales teams, with first customer engagement and technical review of customer requirements
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of a successful sales career, consistent track record of high performance and be capable to lead executive engagements.
You will have strong interpersonal and management skills and a proven track record in building relationships. You will have the ability to deliver sales results through management, along with:
- Extensive sales, account management experience gained within the IT industry
- Knowledge of GTM Strategy & Product offerings (desired)
- Strong knowledge of Hybrid IT
- Knowledge of Compute, Storage & Hyperconverged platforms & Hybrid Cloud SW required
- Ability to drive sales through leadership
- Communication & customer management skills
- Excellent ability to communicate and build relationships
- Able to understand and articulate requirements
- Strong planning, organisation and reporting skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Good general business acumen.
- A high level business understanding of technology, data management & protection, Public / Private / Hybrid Cloud
- Technical aptitude to start the solution building then to integrate with Solution Architects.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office or later, particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Keen to learn new technologies. Understanding of IT products favourable.
- High Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- Understanding of data centre technology from Hypervisor down
- Understanding of technology, process & sales GTM
- Passion for Technology around new Innovation, capable to lead technology discussion without having to be the deep expert
- Aptitude to learn and utilise vendors modern sizing tools to create first phase Bill of materials
Key Performance Indicators:
- Improve close radio of deals over $500k
- Lead solution led engagements (transformational / multi steams)
- Drive transformation workshops and customer study tours
- Lead a conversation/attach campaign EG: UCS customers to Synergy but HPE blade customers
- Become a trusted advisor within the HPE tech community (related stakeholders)
- Motivated and driven with a view to develop career
- Competitive, results-oriented, assertive and determined
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing at senior management level
- Reliable, tolerant, and dependable under pressure. Able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to self-motivate and work alone, but also a team-player
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
For more information please contact Tom Glover at Morson International