Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £8.50 per hour
7 months ago
Urgent requirements to help the NHS, multiple Housekeeping staff required in two hospitals based in Birmingham, immediate start but DBS will be required.
Moseley Hall Hospital - B138JL
West Heath Hospital - B388HR
The Housekeeper will work within the Trust Facilities Management structure to ensure that the housekeeping service supports clinical colleagues.
Key areas of responsibility will be as follows:
- To ensure the environment is cleaned in line with national cleaning standards.
- Deliver meal/beverage service
- Cleaning medical/hard equipment.
- Manage linen quality.
- Report maintenance issues
- Responsible for the safe and effective delivery of the housekeeping/catering service.
- Undertake scheduled cleaning tasks, including the cleaning of clinical equipment, as per schedules.
- Uphold all Infection Prevention and Control measures as required within the Trust.
- Ensuring that all domestic consumables are available at all times in the appropriate dispenser/holder.
- Undertake ad-hoc cleaning tasks as required by the Senior Housekeeper or nursing staff.
- Undertake catering tasks as per the work schedule ensuring that all Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Legislation is adhered to.
- Ensuring that the day room and dining areas are kept clean and presentable for patients and visitors.
- Ensure that there are sufficient ingredients for beverages, ward provisions, snack boxes and condiments available for use
- Assist with the curtain change programme.
- Report the need for any estates maintenance requests to the Senior Housekeeper.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and liaising with the Senior Housekeeper to develop those improvements.
- Ensure close liaison and interfacing with the nursing staff to ensure there is a co-ordinated approach to the delivery of the housekeeping service.
- Responsible for ensuring that housekeeping tasks have been undertaken competently in order that the Trust performs well in internal and external audits.
- Responsible for ensuring any complaints received are relayed to the Senior Housekeeper and any adjustments or corrective actions are implemented.
If you are available and want to help then please apply today!