Up to £24.00 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
16 days ago
Our client is one of the world's leading construction and project development companies.
They are currently looking for Supervisor to be based on the Oxfordshire Highways contract.
- Continual focus on operational gross margins of all work that you are delivering, from the pre-works planning stage, to on-site supervision. Through effective man-management you will always get the best from your teams. You will be empowered to take corrective action at any stage to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Undertake a pre-works assessment for all works received from the client or the Design Engineer, to establish labour, plant, material and specialist sub-contractor requirements for each works order. Establish a target scheme programme that maximises commercial gain and ensure this is communicated to the Schedulers and the (KMC) team.
- Monitor all works activities to ensure the programme remains on track, of the right quality and is being delivered in a safe manner. You'll also match resource needs to ensure the programme delivers on time and budget and provide regular communication updates to the Knowledge Management Centre (KMC).
- Communicate the gang structure and resource availability to the KMC and update the gang diary on a daily basis.
- Line-manage the gangs daily, setting work targets, undertaking PDRs and dealing with all issues that may arise. Using data from the KMC and with support from the Area Manager, deliver a weekly 'Performance Briefing.'
- Liaise with the Area Quantity Surveyor as required to pre-price non-rateable items and understand the necessary commercial assessment.
- Marking up and setting out of works and costing of works on specific activities.
- Induct and brief the gangs on site as required to ensure time, quality and safety targets are communicated.
- Attend regular client area meetings to manage any issues and regular supervisor meetings to share good practice with the wider team to ensure consistency of delivery across all depots and to improve overall performance.
- Take ownership for safety and environmental compliance for your depot and all relevant safety work and audits.
- Manage the delivery of and participate in the winter maintenance service
- Good leadership and team management with your immediate teams and across the wider business.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, and ideally written, report writing and presentation - to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence client decision making.
- People management skills having managed teams - covering all areas such as recruitment, PDRs, coaching and mentoring.
- Tried and tested methods of influencing in all situations.
- Highly organised and able to juggle and prioritise, whilst multi-tasking for many stakeholders, and still remaining focused on what's most important and ultimately on delivery.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams, embracing the new structure, new ways of working and remain focused.
Start: EST 11th Feb 2019
End: EST 30th June 2019
If you have not heard back from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file and contact you in the future regarding other suitable vacancies