£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Highways Service Delivery Manager - Maintenance
To oversee and control the delivery of maintenance and repair works across the Region, ensuring all activities, whether routine or reactive, meet the required technical, quality and safety standards with a strong focus on customer service.
1. To proactively manage supplier performance to agreed contractual service level agreements, technical, quality and safety standards, including the investigation of breaches of service level targets and service non-availability, with the instigation of remedial activities.
2. To proactively track and monitor the performance of the assigned Route(s) or contract scope (e.g. M&R, DBFO, RTMC), identifying performance trends, risks and issues.
3. To analyse the root causes for performance issues and work with Service Delivery colleagues and supply chain to develop and implement remedial action plans.
4. To maintain the cyclical and reactive maintenance work plans for the designated Route(s) and ensure the delivery of planned works, tracking all associated costs.
5. To ensure cyclical and reactive maintenance work plans are well integrated in the region's overall programme, ensuring customer disruption can be minimised.
6. To manage any changes and the impact of unplanned and emergency works on plans, ensuring risks and dependencies are understood, managed and communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
7. To analyse trends related to unplanned works on the assigned Route(s), and flag areas of concern and ideas for future improvements to the relevant and Route Manager(s) and engineering team(s).
8. To oversee the spend against the allocated budget for the Route(s) and contract(s) in scope, controlling and approving spend against the budget, in line with agreed approvals and escalation processes.
9. To manage local customer engagement and communication activities, as required, working closely with Service Delivery colleagues and contractors to identify and address service delivery requests, concerns, and feedback in a timely and customer focussed manner.
10. To ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of employees, contractors and customers are fully considered and accounted for throughout the delivery of maintenance and repair works.
11. To carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature and responsibilities of this role.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of relevant technical asset policies and strategies
- Understanding of relevant supply chain contracts
- Health and safety legislation, regulations, working practices and procedures
- Extensive experience of working in a service delivery/customer service environment
- Budget management
- Contract and supply chain management
FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Computer literacy - Word, Excel, Access, suitable programming software etc.
- Recognised academic qualification in an Engineering discipline
- CSCS Managers Certification - desirable
- IOSH Managing Safety - desirable
- Membership of appropriate professional body (MICE or MIHE or MCIHT) - desirable
- Full driving licence
- Strong planning and project delivery skills
- Proven experience in a fast paced, 24/7 service delivery environment
- Supplier Management
For further information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International.