Greater Manchester, England
3 months ago
Highways Project Manager
I am currently looking to recruit a Project Manager for one of the UKs leading main contractors.
My client is looking for a Project Manager to work on a variety of Highways related projects in the North West. You will be working on projects which may include Highway regeneration, improvement of junctions, roads and curbs, cycle schemes.
As a Project Manager, you will:
* You will need to check and approve documentation prepared by others in the team, this will involve short timescales and delivery.
* Be responsible for ensuring accurate programme is produced and maintained.
* You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress.
* Have a strong knowledge and management of construction process in one or more of the following areas: Earthworks/Drainage, Pavement, Comms, Structures, Roadworks;
* You may be expected to attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries as necessary.
* You will be 80% office based and 20% on site.
* Ensure systems are in place and allocates responsibility.
* Guide and coach subordinates in technical requirements.
* Manage sub-contractors
* Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief.
* Contribute to the preparation of detailed client briefs, fee proposals and major bids.
**This would be to work inside IR35**