£33000.00 - £37000.00 per annum
2 months ago
To undertake the identification of asset needs and develop early solutions for the asset class in scope, while assuring adherence to defined asset policies and standards the role may be required to work unsociable hours.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.
1. To ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity
2. To undertake the identification and evaluation of asset data and needs in order to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria.
3. To develop early solutions for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
4. To monitor the delivery of agreed early solutions and plans, liaising with the relevant teams to identify and/or rectify issues.
5. To ensure that asset data and condition information is captured and maintained in the relevant database(s), in line with agreed standards and timescales.
6. To identify, prepare briefs and manage delivery of survey works that support the improvement and/or renewal of assets.
7. To develop the technical briefs provided to the design and construction contractor for improvement and renewals work.
8. To provide technical support to Project Managers by assisting with materials approvals, vetting of contractors' compliance, inspection support on site, and reviewing of Health and Safety Files.
9. To undertake reviews of third-party designs for compliance to standards, design briefs and Design for Maintenance Requirements.
10. Assists with developing the Region's asset led forward programme and initial scheme development Delivers customer centric designs and technical specifications.
11. Recommends improvements in the development of asset management processes and approaches.
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Good understanding of the highway sector
* Understanding of asset management decision making (capital investment, lifecycle costs, value optimisation, service & availability optimisation, social & economic knowledge)
* Good personal impact and the ability to inspire confidence and positive action
* Good stakeholder management and communication skills
* Strong customer focus
FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL SKILLS
* Degree or HND in relevant discipline and appropriate experience, or equivalent
* Membership of professional Body (desirable) or working towards Membership (essential)
* Knowledge of asset condition assessment and degradation modelling
* Knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) standards and their application on the highways network
* Understanding of the Value Management process or cost benefit analysis of schemes
* Experience in highway infrastructure design
* Experience in AutoCAD desirable
* Experience in working within budgets including the creation of a budget for scheme development
* Experience in relevant construction and delivery methods
* Knowledge of CDM 2015
For further information please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International