Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30 - £38 per hour
2 months ago
Highway Design engineer
Description of Duties:
* Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for civil/highway engineering projects.
* Be proficient in the use of relevant analysis and design software.
* Prepare civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
* Provide technical support to include report writing and presentations.
* Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
* Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
* Work on projects in consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
* Maintain all necessary records.
Minimum BEng Civil or Structural Engineering with some post graduate experience in a consultancy working on roads and drainage schemes.
Full knowledge of overseeing organisation's DMRB and MCHW.
Computer-literate, skilled in the use of AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Microdrainage and associated software for the preparation of highway design drawings.
Up to date and fully conversant with the role of Principal Designer under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
Experience of developing concept/options/preliminary designs and cost estimates, preliminary and detailed designs drawings of a wide range of highway infrastructure projects including junction designs, road renewals schemes, barrier and fencing designs.