£250.00 - £300.00 per day
20 days ago
The requirements for the Senior Highways Engineer are as follows. The essential requirements are the following:
- Significant and demonstrable knowledge and experience in one or more asset series within the Specification for Highways Works, and an understanding and appreciation for the importance of Specification in a Highways project. Essential
- Significant and demonstrable experience working with British Standards relative to Highways Engineering. Essential
- Good knowledge across all other asset series outside of the candidates specific knowledge area. Essential
- Working knowledge of Traffic Engineering, particularly in London, including bespoke TfL guidance and requirements. Desirable
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Essential
Provides highway engineering expertise and assurance for the Engineering Directorate. Supports and/or undertakes the technical delivery of highway engineering activities and technical services throughout all stages of asset life cycle; design, delivery, commissioning and operation. Applies knowledge and analysis to achieve resolution of complex problems, whilst taking into account risk, legal constraints and business costs/benefits. Ensures that highways assets are safe, fit for purpose, and cost efficient to operate and maintain.
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Highways Engineer role or for a confidential chat please submit your CV and contact details via this advert today.