North West England, England
£30000.00 - £45000 per annum + Benefits & Package
12 months ago
Morson International is working with a leading design and engineering consultancy that looking to hire a Highways Engineer to join their growing Manchester office. An excellent business which offers flexible and remote working on a range of diverse and interesting projects.
They are an award winning results orientated business with international recognition.
Led by a forward-thinking management team they work together in multi-disciplinary teams that provide services that are well thought-out and sustainable.
They are currently looking for a Highways /Project Engineer to join our Engineering Team based at our Manchester officer. You will join a vibrant team and work on major prestigious projects across the UK, enabling you to advance your career, whilst giving you the freedom to achieve personal growth and development. My client provides you with the opportunities to enable you to succeed and support you to reach your potential.
- To assist in the delivery of a range of highways engineering related projects on behalf of both public and private sector clients
- Assist junior staff to ensure that their project work is technically correct
- Assist Project Managers to ensure that deadlines are met and within budget
- Respond to client and customer enquiries taking messages, when necessary and ensuring that their needs are met
- Managing projects in accordance with Client requirements to exceed their expectations
- Ensure all project files are up to date and comply with the QMS system
- Work closely with team members and other company staff
- To assist the Senior and Principal Engineers with report writing and preparation
- Assist with the writing of technical reports
- Development of conceptual design and producing engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements
- Ensure all project files are up to date and comply with the QA system
- Assist in developing Quality Assurance systems and procedures in the service area
- Professional qualification or equivalent
- Working towards and thinking about professional Chartership
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical ability and a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and current design standards
- Able to communicate / liaise effectively and professionally with the design team, clients and contractors
- Private health cover
- 25 per year + Bank Holidays
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- A variety of training programmes
- Professional development and opportunities to progress
- Staff benefits
- Flexible working - with the ability to work from home or remotely when suitable