£15.00 - £16.00 per hour
9 months ago
Our client are looking for a fully qualified HGV fitter for their depot in Blackpool , applicants will be doing all necessary repairs and maintenance on the vehicles , hydraulics, pipework etc on a fleet of HGVs although
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Duties include repairs to all types of RCV vehicles, plant, vehicle lifting equipment, vehicle body, hydraulic systems and any other work within the operation to ensure minimal downtime and costs is maintained for the efficient operation of the contract
2. Ensure forward planning of all vehicles and equipment is managed on a day to day basis, this includes MOT scheduling, Vehicle Safety inspections, Body/lifter inspections, Brake testing, LOLER and any other fleet related planning as deemed appropriate. Ensuring fleet compliance is adhered too at all time as per fleet management and policy.
3. Ensure that company uniform is worn at the commencement and throughout your period of duty. Special attention is to be paid to protective equipment used.
4. Required to attend roadside breakdowns and able to work as part of a team.
5. Ensuring that current engineering standards are maintained, utilizing both internal and external resources.
6. All workshop tools, personal tools and welding equipment must be secured and where possible locked away each night. Welding and electrical equipment should be turned off and left in a safe condition when not in use.
7. Maintain excellent housekeeping and recording monthly workshop compliance check sheets as appropriate to your role.
8. Required to fill in a daily worksheet / timesheet individual job cards, legal documentation such as safety inspection sheets for vehicle and body equipment and plant maintenance each day, completed forms must be given to your Transport manager/supervisor before the end of your shift, to be documented on Tranman system.
9. To be aware of your obligations under the Health and Safety at work Act, 1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in your place of work as an engineer.
10. To participate in the development of the business, by active involvement in company policies and procedures to training. Enabling you to be equipped with the necessary skills to carry out your duties to the required standards.
11. Perform duties in an efficient and effective manner that will ensure maximum productivity. Ensure that the task is completed to schedule. Any discrepancies are to be reported immediately to your manager/supervisor.
12. To maintain a courteous and professional relationship with members of Client staff and colleagues.
13. Aware of the Company's commitment to the ISO9001, 14001 and 18001 Quality System and in particular understand your responsibility to maintain the system with respect to your duties.
14. Ensure all Fleet maintenance management policies are followed at all times.
▪ Five years practical experience and apprentice trained, time served as a mechanical fitter.
▪ Hold a current driving license, preferable an LGV license.
▪ Efficient in the following tasks; Subject to an LGV Driver license qualification; preparing vehicles for annual M.O.T; Mechanical; Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics.
▪ The ideal person will be flexible and enthusiastic approach to working in sometimes adverse conditions will be expected.
▪ Able to work on own initiative and must hold a current full driving license.
▪ Expected to supply your own comprehensive tool kit.
▪ The ability to ensure the delivery of high levels of customer service is also essential in this role.
▪ Good communication skills are essential for liaising with the customers and colleague.
▪ Be prepared to attend internal and external training courses