US$20.00 - US$25.00 per hour
2 months ago
Morson International is currently seeking a Help Desk Technician to support our client, a leader in the avionics industry and IFE equipment.
Responsible for maintaining the end-user working environments including all end user devices to include workstations (desktop & laptops), printers and other peripherals and telephone handsets. The focus is on making sure the companys desktop computing environment is stable and performing optimally and responsible for the operational efficiency of these systems. This person is expected to provide a high level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Closely monitor ticket queue to provide quality assurance of tickets in progress. Responds to and resolves client inquiries concerning systems operation within established Service Level Agreements (SLA).
* Answer technical and how to use inquiries.
* Provide outstanding customer service.
* Document all end-user requests and interactions in ticketing system completing all steps as defined.
* Provide technical account management for customers resolving issues and escalating when appropriate.
* Provide fast response and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
* Provides reports to management.
* Track all open requests in the ticketing system and document all actions taken.
* Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve requests utilizing RDP, BigFix Remote Control, VPN Software, etc.
* Build and maintain knowledge base and document procedures.
* Document and manage Product Development issues to resolution.
* Troubleshoot all inquiries regarding systems, hardware, software and operator problems.
* Instruct users in the use of equipment, software, hardware and peripherals via telephone or email.
* Assist with other duties or projectsf, as assigned.
* Route or escalate requests to appropriate functional teams beyond Level 1.
* The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
-High level of integrity with strong work ethic
-PC hardware troubleshooting and repair skills required
-Knowledge of DNS, FTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, LDAP required
-Proficient with Windows XP,Win7 operating systems and Microsoft Office required
-Certifications in Windows system management is a plus
-Ability to react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow-through
-Ability to balance priorities and work alone or a team equally well
-Ability to travel to office and data center locations for on-site support, as needed
-Ability to work under minimal supervision
-Good organization and project management skills with attention to details
-Ability to document solutions and train other staff
-Good verbal and written communication skills
-Understanding of IP networking and SAN/NAS concepts.
-Excellent time management skills
* The ideal candidate would have formal Windows class-room training and certifications Microsoft technologies.
* The ability to perform Windows network administration tasks is critical to the position and a broad knowledge and understanding of the entire Windows work environment is required.
* Linux certification is a plus.
* A significant requirement for this position is a working knowledge of Linux network fundamentals and requires a minimum of 5 years of service desk operations with proven experience in Windows technologies.
* Basic understanding of IT enterprise infrastructure such as networks, systems, telephony and storage and the interrelationships between the components
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
-One Microsoft desktop certification such as MCSE, MCSA, MTA highly desired -ITIL certification desired
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelors Degree
Certifications & Licenses:
CERTIFICATES LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
Certifications in Windows system management is a plus MCSA MCSE
Education: Bachelors degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university and/OR 2-5 years exp and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
Skills and Experience:
CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED
NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE
SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENTS