Rate on application
4 months ago
To carry out cost effective repairs and maintenance tasks on a wide range of vehicles and equipment to a high standard and in a timely and efficient manner, whilst complying with company policies and procedures and Health & Safety requirements.
* To undertake scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on all applicable customer vehicles / Equipment (including light and heavy vehicles) in line with company and legal Health and Safety guidelines.
* Respond to all breakdowns in the designated time when allocated (if applicable).
* Ensure all relevant service sheets/job cards/paperwork and electronic records (if applicable) are fully completed, legible and accurate including working time and job code details.
* Liaise with the Workshop Office colleagues to provide updates on job status, progress and the processing of paperwork.
* Comply with Health and Safety Legislation and internal H&S procedures including use of company issued loan working alarms and company mobile phones.
* Ensure all Personal Protective Equipment is worn where necessary and is in good working order and condition.
* Ensure that all working areas i.e. Workshop, customer locations are kept clean and free from hazards wherever possible.
* Ensure company vehicles are used in line with company policies / legal requirements and are kept clean and tidy after use.
* Undertake vehicle manoeuvring around the workshop or airport as and when required where trained to do so and in conjunction with appropriate licences held.
* Carry out other reasonable duties as required to support operational requirements.
* Be familiar with, and comply with, Company policies, procedures and training - whether it's health & safety, environmental standards, quality ways of working or our information assurance practices which protect our network and information
* Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos
* Carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
We are looking for candidates who have recent vehicle mechanic experience working on Heavy Goods Vehicles.