South East England, England
Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE) Advisor
Head of HSQE (Group)
Job Purpose: Expected Outcomes
* Provide a proactive and effective contribution towards the HSQE strategic aims of the organisation.
* Provide professional HSQE advice to the organisation, to ensure legal and industry compliance.
* Encourage the development an HSQE culture of continuous improvement.
* Reduce work place accidents, incidents and instances of reported occupational health.
* Support in the development and implementation of waste management and energy reduction initiatives
Roles and Responsibilities : How the Expected Outcomes are Achieved
* Provide a proactive input into the development and achievement of the organisations HSQE objectives
* Work with the Group HSQE and Compliance team to review and update the process documentation within the integrated management system to ensure it remains fit for purpose
* Maintain and review risk assessment information for all tasks and substances used by the company.
* Support with the development and delivery of the Internal Audit Plan
* Undertake other compliance activities (site inspections/process and document reviews) to confirm compliance with internal processes, legislation and industry standards.
* Identify areas for HSQE improvement and develop, implement, monitor and review Corrective Actions designed to facilitate these improvements
* Assist Project Teams in the investigation of all HSQE accidents/incidents and ensure that proper records are kept that lessons learnt are communicated and recommendations implemented.
* Inform the relevant Regulatory Body of any HSQE reportable event
* Provide HSQE advice, coaching, mentoring and training to employees and contractors working on behalf or where appropriate.
* Collate HSQE KPI information and provide a performance briefing to Senior Management every 4 weeks
* Lead the companies HSQE Meeting
* Develop relationships with HSQE representatives from our main clients in order to jointly develop HSQE improvement campaigns
* Submit articles to internal and external newsletters that promote HSQE initiatives and performance Other Post Dimensions
* Does the post have authority to spend?
(If yes, what is the limit of this spend)
Job Descriptions REC - 401
Issue no: 1 Date:
Parent Document: Human Resources Handbook
Revision Date August 2019 Document Owner Managing Director, Rail Page 2 of 2
Uncontrolled when downloaded or printed
* The contractual hours for this post are:
* Does the post require you to work shifts?
* Is out of hours attendance required?
* Is the post on-call?
* How many staff does it manage?
* Does the post undertake safety critical work?
* Does the post require track safety competence?
As an leader, you are expected to possess strong technical skills and role model leadership behaviours. These behaviours reflect how you lead and manage people, drive performance improvements and deliver quality. Your performance will not only be assessed on your ability to meet your personal objectives, but also on the demonstration of required behaviours:
* Strategic Thinking:
(1) Creating innovative ideas (2) Building strategic awareness
* Leading People:
(1) Developing people (2) Fostering collaboration
* Inspiring Performance:
(1) Effective communication (2) Developing external relationships
* Driving Customer Value:
(1) Improving performance (2) Leading change
Essential Requirements for the Role
* Have at least three years' experience within HSQE management
* Possess a NEBSOH Certificate
* Good command of English and IT Skills
* Experience of working within the Rail Sector or similar.
* Understanding of a range of external accreditations e.g. ISO, RISQS,
Desirable Requirements for the Role
* NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
* Possess an Auditors qualification
* Possess an IEMA Qualification