7 months ago
We are recruiting for Contract Health Physics Surveyor for our Client based in Reading. Competitive rates on offer for the right candidates.
Role and Responsibilities
The Health Physics Surveyor will:
- Perform Health Physics Surveys (radiation and contamination) and complete Health Physics Survey Reports.
- Maintain a register of sources and record daily checks and defects
- Make daily use of air sampling equipment.
- Undertake function checking of Health Physics survey equipment and report any defects noted to Health Physics Supervisor.
- Provide Health Physics coverage of operations as directed by Health Physics Supervisors.
- Undertake Health Physics reassurance survey and clearance of items removed from and between controlled areas.
- Maintain stocks of Respiratory Protective Equipment/Personal Protection Equipment.
- Maintain local rules applicable to controlled areas, dresser and barrier duties, including the organisation with laundering of clothing.
- Undertake instruction to trainee surveyors maintaining best practice.
- Undertake radiological coaching of staff with whom they work.
- Ensure that a Daily Log is completed.
- Participate in Pre-job briefs and post job reviews.
- Have an understanding of the requirements of a Radiological Work Permit (RWP).
Qualifications and Experience:-
- City and Guilds Radiological Protection Course - Part 1 or be qualified to N/SVQ Level 2.
- 1 years' experience (minimum), in the role of Health Physics Surveyor as part of an experienced site team working in radiological areas under the 1999 Ionising Radiation Regulations.