Up to £30 per hour
23 days ago
A great opportunity has risen with our global Nuclear client based in Chester for a Health Physics Surveyor on a contract basis.
The role's purpose is to provide independent advice and assurance to the client to confirm that radiological safety control measures are functioning and being adhered in line with regulatory requirements.
- Undertake assurance/audit surface contamination and radiation dose rate monitoring surveys as specified by the client to ensure that radiation protection control measures are functioning.
- Under the supervision of the client, the Health Physics Surveyor provides advice on radiation safety, barrier techniques and contamination control.
- Supports the Radiation Safety Technician in the repair, maintenance, calibration and functional testing of radiological monitoring instruments.
- Delivers training and competency assessments for operational monitoring and radiation protection.
- Acts as a coach to operations and engineering technicians in the area of operational monitoring.
- Assists in the preparation of operational monitoring procedures.
Experience as an operational health physics surveyor preferably in a commissioning environment.
- Min of 5 GCSE's at Grade C or above to include Maths, English and Physics
- Vocational training in radiation monitoring e.g. NVQ or City and Guilds or equivalent
- City and Guilds Trainer Assessor module 301, 302 A1 or equivalent
Skills / Knowledge
- Technical experience to use radiological monitoring instruments
- Knowledge of radiation protection principles and practices
- Technical experience and interpersonal skills to be able to train and mentor others in radiological monitoring practices
- Working knowledge of the Ionising Radiations Regulations
- The ability to explain complicated concepts in simple terms
- Ability to work on own initiative to support operational terms.