7 months ago
Health Physics Monitor, Aldermaston , Nuclear, Contract 12 months
Our Client requires two experienced Health Physics surveyors to work on a decommissioning project on the AWE Aldermaston site. The successful candidate will be required to use/wear RPE, (Respirators and PBAS (Pressurised Breathing Air Suits) following the appropriate training.
Role and Responsibilities
The Health Physics Surveyor will:
- Perform Health Physics Surveys (radiation and contamination) and complete Health Physics Survey Reports.
- Use/wear RPE, (Respirators and PBAS (Pressurised Breathing Air Suits) following the appropriate training.
- Maintain a register of sources and record daily checks and defects
- Make daily use of air sampling equipment.
- Undertake function checking of Health Physics survey equipment and report any defects noted to Health Physics Supervisor.
- Provide Health Physics coverage of operations as directed by Health Physics Supervisors.
- Undertake Health Physics reassurance survey and clearance of items removed from and between controlled areas.
- Maintain stocks of Respiratory Protective Equipment/Personal Protection Equipment.
- Maintain local rules applicable to controlled areas, dresser and barrier duties, including the organisation with laundering of clothing.
- Undertake instruction to trainee surveyors maintaining best practice.
- Undertake radiological coaching of staff with whom they work.
- Ensure that a Daily Log is completed.
- Participate in Pre-job briefs and post job reviews.
- Have an understanding of the requirements of a Radiological Work Permit (RWP).
- City & Guilds stage 1 Radiological Protection