Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
about 2 months ago
Morson international is recruiting for a Health & Safety Specialist working on behalf of a large Rail client, the role is initially working from home.
Delivery of health and safety assurance assessments and reviews in relation to:
The client and stakeholders' approaches to the assessment and management of health and safety risk.
- Compliance with health and safety legislation or company procedures, in design, construction and preparation for operation of the completed railway.
- To carry out H&S Assurance assessments and reviews in accordance with the Integrated Audit & Assurance schedule and H&S Assurance Plan; produce reports and issue Corrective Action Requests in a timely manner.
- To support auditees (both internal and external) in understanding and addressing any identified deficiencies in their safe working processes.
- To provide advice and assistance so that others understand their obligations and how to achieve them.
- To plan and implement assurance activities including surveillance, inspection and audit activities within the annual audit programme and annual assurance plan.
- To provide advice and information to support the development of health and safety management systems.
- To report the status updates to various stakeholders compliance with health and safety requirements.
- To monitor and provide assurance to the H&S Director on the delivery of health and safety approvals required for the opening of individual elements of the railway and the railway as a whole.
- To work with the rest of the Assurance teams to ensure coverage at all times of the assurance aims of the team.
- To provide guidance and support on safety across the business in the drive to achieve Target Zero aspirations.
- To support in the management and development of Health and Safety Directorate initiatives to establish risk evaluation based initiatives to support Target Zero.
- To support existing and new programmes to maintain and improve construction health and safety management across sites and Stakeholder Management teams.
- To take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- To co-operate with all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- To promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ level 4, or equivalent Health and Safety qualification supported by appropriate amount of relevant professional experience. NEBOSH Certificate / NEBOSH Construction Certificate may be acceptable if supported by substantial amount of relevant professional experience.
- Detailed working knowledge of OHSAS 18001 and UK Safety Legislation, with particular reference to safety in the construction and / or railway environment.
- Qualified systems auditor, preferably IRCA registered; appropriate amount of experience of carrying out and following up assessments / audits in a similar environment.
- Good working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, and the application of these Standards in the construction and / or railway environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and proven experience of advising on their implementation across all the duty holders.
- Strong communication skills with experience of working across all levels of an organisation.
- (S)NVQ level 3, or equivalent, management knowledge and skill supported by appropriate quantities of relevant continuous professional experience.
- Proven experience of delivering in a similar role in the railway / construction industry.