Up to £25.64 per hour
5 months ago
A leading maritime services client are seeking a Health and safety and environment professional initially for 6 months.
As a Safety, health and Environment (SHE) Risk Assessor Coach you will be working within operational teams to assist and coach risk assessment activity to ensure comprehensive hazard identification and best practice mitigations are identified and communicated. Activities being assessed are for a high risk profile business operating in a Maritime, Naval Base environment encompassing ship and base infrastructure engineering activities.
This role will give you the opportunity to interact with and influence various stakeholders across the business and at all levels.
Activities for assessment will include:
Confined Space entry, working at heights, HV/LV electrical systems, significant lifting operations, stored energy systems, construction and demolition work, Ionising & Non Ionising radiation, welding, cutting and other hot working.
Your responsibilities will be:
* Delivering completed risk assessments to a defined scheduled, working within operational teams and areas.
* Assist in the transfer of current assessments, post review, onto company on line tool (OSHENS)
* Coaching individuals or small groups toward best practice and compliance with company process.
* Working within the workplace to undertake assessments at point of risk
* Produce regular status reports for management review
Successful candidates will hold or can demonstrate
* NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Level 6 qualification in Safety Management
* Experience of high risk activity risk assessment
* Experience of Maritime and facilities engineering activities an advantage
* Qualification in coaching/training preferable
* Can demonstrate good communication skills
* Experience of Royal Navy for ship assessment an advantage
* Experience of construction activity for base facilities an advantage.
If this position is of interest, please apply or contact Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516.