28 days ago
Health and Safety Professional, Permanent, Bristol
Our Client operates an established Integrated Management System which is certified against the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 and aligned (not certified) to OHSAS 18001. They are looking for an experienced health and safety professional to work within a team of industrial safety professionals to integrate ISO 45001:2018 requirements into the existing integrated management system and embed them in preparation for certification. The person must have a thorough understanding of occupational health and industrial safety within the construction sector. The position sits within the Safety, Security and Assurance Directorate, reporting into the Industrial Safety Lead.
Specific tasks include:
* Undertaking a gap analysis of the current safety management system arrangements against ISO 45001:2018
* Reviewing and amending existing documentation and drafting new documentation to fill identified gaps whilst engaging with various existing documentation owners.
* Thorough understanding of the principles of ISO 45001:2018 and how to apply the standard to realise its benefits to the business
* Experienced at developing occupational health and safety management systems which address the requirements of ISO 45001:2018
* Familiar with undertaking gap-analysis against ISO 45001:2018 requirements
* Able to identify and interpret relevant health and safety legislation to be addressed within the design of the safety management system
* Proven track record in writing clear and concise technical procedures etc.
* Experienced at working in a multi-disciplined complex EPC project delivery organisation
* Able to develop training material and deliver effective presentations to support the embedding of the revised occupational health & safety management system
* Confident, articulate (verbally and written) and able to influence key stakeholders
* Able to set-targets and work with minimal supervision in achieving the objectives of the post.
* NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent qualification) - Chartered member of IOSH
* Lead auditor qualification - preferably ISO 45001.
Skills and Experience
* Demonstrable practical skills in the area of occupational health and safety management
* Recent experience in developing occupational health and safety management systems from first principles
* Risk assessment and development of proportionate control measures
* Procedure writing
* Presentation skills
* Influencing and communication skills
* Construction industry experience and working with Tier-1 sub-contractors.