Newton Heath, Greater Manchester
4 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Health & Safety Officer to join our client, a leading manufacturer of aerospace safety equipment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established team whereby you will be responsible for engaging with the manufacturing teams to promote a collaborative approach to health and safety. You will also work towards guiding team leaders and supervisors to ensuring compliance to the required statutory legislation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management and review of the risk assessment database
- Reviewing new or modified process or equipment
- PPE Selection and management, managing stock, inspection schedule etc.
- Training matrix - ensuring training is maintained for Fork Lift Truck, First Aid etc.
- Compose and deliver Safe Systems of work / Toolbox talks
- Statutory inspection audit of FLT, ladders, fire points etc. to ensure compliance
- Experience of maintaining COSHH & PUWER.
The ideal candidate will have a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent. Experience of working within a manufacturing environment is preferred. This is a varied and interesting role which will furnish you with a wealth of H&S experience.
For more details, please contact Louise Taylor at Morson