£0.00 - £40000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager to work for our leading defence engineering client based in Wiltshire.
You will be joining the HSE Team who are in place to guide and support company stakeholders, utilising their expertise to influence and shape the business into a high-reliability organisation. Your responsibility as the H&S Manager will be to focuss on reducing the risk to every person involved in the manufacturing processes through continuous improvement and learning.
In this role you will;
- Support operational excellence, by revealing hazards and risks, and identifying opportunities to reduce the risks to our Operators at the sharp end
- Utilise the knowledge and experience that exists within the line to identify risk reduction measures
- Possess a thorough understanding of UK Health & Safety legislation, especially CoSHH, DSEAR, PUWER and Fire Safety, and be able to apply this knowledge with agility and pragmatism to dynamic problem-solving
- Support the Audit Plan by participating in internal and third-party audits
- Support the HSSE Director in the setting and measuring of HSSE Objectives and Targets
- Co-ordinate and support the emergency arrangements
- Participate in designing strategies for a culture transformation
To be successful in this role you will hold a Level 6 (or equivalent) qualification in a H&S subject along with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a hazardous manufacturing/production environment. We are looking for someone who is passionate about getting involved with the business from shop floor to the board room and so, you will be able to demonstrate times when you have worked and collaborated within different team environments. Your skills and experience will include auditing , implementing H&S legislation and working with 18001 and 14001 management systems.
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Gym discounts
- Long service awards
- Christmas & Summer parties
- Numerous social and activity clubs
- And much more!
If you are interested in applying for the role or know someone who would be, please contact Taylor on 07771981930 for more information or apply online today.