North West England, England
6 months ago
Job Title: Health and Safety Officer / Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience + strong benefits package
The main purpose of the role is to implement the Health and Safety requirements for the site. To ensure that compliance requirements are fully understood and that suitable procedures and processes are implemented. To work collaboratively with site leadership thereby ensuring a consistent approach is adopted to H&S activities. To actively monitor and report H&S performance and implement a process of continuous improvement
- Champion a positive HSE culture across the business by advising and supporting the management team to maintain and improve H&S standards and performance. Manage an annual H&S improvement plan.
- Identify and define the requirements of the H&S standards and processes to achieve and maintain world class H&S performance.
- Monitor, audit and report on H&S performance and H&S management systems to maintain and improve effectiveness, ensuring full and accurate data is available in a timely fashion to meet internal and external requirements.
- Manage the investigation of all learning occurrences and resultant actions. Ensure learning from incidents is shared, as appropriate, in order to avoid recurrence.
- Manage the use of risk assessments (including COSHH)
- Act as the centre of expertise and knowledge in occupational health and safety matters in order to provide accurate, effective, timely guidance to the company.
- Identify H&S training needs for employees, and assist in implementing the training, in order to maintain competence of the workforce and foster positive H&S culture with world class H&S behaviour.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years 'experience in a manufacturing environment
- Suitable professional qualifications (NEBOSH General certificate as a minimum)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organisation and communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Proven experience and competency in providing training
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Strong planning and analytical skills
- IT skills, able to design and deliver presentations, Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft project
- NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ level 5
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 21 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion.