3 months ago
Morson have an exciting opening for a Health and Safety Co-ordinator for one of our Aeorospace clients in Yeovil.
Tasks that could potentially be undertaken by persons providing HSE assistance include:
* Reviewing current status of risk assessments and maintaining a departmental risk assessment register
* Maintaining a register of PPE in line with HSP2035
* Maintaining a list of those persons who are subject to health surveillance and occupational medicals
* Accident record co-ordination including the investigation and reporting of accidents and near misses in line with HSP1050
* Progressing actions resulting from the monthly departmental HSE reviews
* Delivering HSE induction training to employees and temporary workers
* Carrying out weekly functional checks of LEV
* Carrying out process inspections required for environmental permit compliance
* Preparation of HSE action plans
* Maintaining a list of persons supporting the HSE function within the department, e.g.:
* HSE Assistant(s)
* Risk Assessors
* Fire Wardens
* First Aider(s)
* Local Radiation Protection Supervisors
* Laser Safety Officers
* Spill Teams
* Site Incident Controllers
* Waste/Energy Champions
This list is not exhaustive and can be added to after review.
LHUK HSE Co-Ordinator will receive appropriate basic training in accordance with HSP1055
Work alongside and liaise with the Senior Aircraft Operations Management team on all matters
Work with all of the Aircraft Operations team and with other teams around the business to develop and continuously improve the working processes in order to meet the needs of the business and standardise processes across LHUK where applicable.
Delegation from Management of certain duties to others who are not necessarily in a supervisory role is permissible. However, final responsibility resides with the Manager
Ensure that all processes are accurately documented in the team's departmental instructions.
Build and maintain relationships within the Site Health and Safety Team LHUK
You will undertake any other reasonable tasks that the Operations Business Control Manager may require of you so long as you have the appropriate skills, knowledge and support to be able to undertake the task.
You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment.
Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSP 1015 - Workers Responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Qualification in IOSH Managing Safely: Health and Safety or equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The ability to work with and communicate effectively through all levels of personnel in the business
Experience of using Health and Safety practises in a working environment