Rate on application
19 days ago
Morson International currently have a vacancy for a Health & Safety Controller to work permanently for Morson at Wattisham Airfield.
SECTION 1 - JOB PURPOSE
* Monitor, promote and co-ordinate all aspects of SHEF (Safety Health Environment and Fire) within the AHDSU (Apache Helicopter Depth Support Unit).
* Ensure Compliance with current regulations and legislation, regarding SHEF, within the AHDSU.
* Provide a direct reporting chain to LHUK on AHDSU SHEF Issues.
SECTION 2 - MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
* Advise all Managers within the AHDSU of Requirements to meet SHEF regulations and legislation.
* Monitor and report AHDSU safety performance in accordance with current LHUK company procedures.
* Maintain a register and records of all SHEF audits carried out in the AHDSU, both internal and external.
* Maintain the AHDSU Risk Assessment register ensuring that it is maintained and updated as necessary.
* Ensure that all departments hold a COSHH register and safety data on hazardous substances within their areas.
* Investigate reportable SHEF incidents/accidents within the AHDSU and ensure that reporting action is carried out in accordance with current regulations and LHUK company procedures.
* Conduct regular Safety Audits on all areas of the DSU, recording and reporting issues as required to the departmental managers.
* Collate monthly sampling and conduct monthly and quarterly AW self-audit reporting directly to LHUK HSE Department.
* Ensure that information regarding SHEF issues are communicated to the management and to staff through regular update of information boards and briefings where deemed necessary.
* Collate and monitor department safety audit reports.
* Carry out the mandatory SHEF training for all staff employed within the AHDSU.
* Liaise with the customers Unit Safety Advisor on all AHDSU SHEF matters and attend Station and 7 Bn REME SHEF meetings.
* Ensure that SHEF Issues are conveyed monthly to the AHDSU management in formal meetings and documented as required by LHUK company procedures.
* Be conversant with the Leonardo Policies and procedures in respect to SHEF activities.