£0.00 - £24.77 per hour
4 months ago
We currently have an opportunity available for a Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Advisor to support the Programmes business of Real Estate Solutions (RES) as a SHE Advisor (Programmes), you will be supporting Project Managers working in the Programmes business of RES to ensure their projects comply with statutory and business requirements.
The role is a supporting role, assisting Project Managers with compliance requirements, providing construction SHE and CDM support, advice and guidance and will require a mixture of office based activities with visits to projects sites within the UK. The role requires a strong construction and CDM knowledge base as the Programmes business project manages a variety construction projects from concept designs of buildings, new build and refurbishment projects to land remediation activities. Delivery of SHE (accountability and responsibility) remains with the Programme Managers, Project Managers and Engineers.
A significant element of the role will be to ensure the Programmes teams are complying with construction project CDM requirements for any appointed duty holder role and other statutory requirements as well as ensuring compliance with the RES SHE Management System.
The role will have a functional link to the RES Assurance team, who carry out internal SHE audits/inspections, and deliver SHE awareness training, however day to day activities will be to support Project Managers with SHE / CDM compliance activities including supplier assessments to ensure suppliers have the required skills, knowledge, experience and training (SKET) for the role and project risks.
This role will give you really good exposure to some very varied construction projects. You will visit lots of interesting sites, where you will gain you some really good experience.
Your main responsibilities as a SHE Advisor (Programmes) will involve:
- Supporting Project Managers select suppliers with the required SKET to execute the required works involving reviewing pre-qualification questionnaires as SHE SME when requested, and assisting in the tender evaluation process
- Reviewing Project Manager's pre-construction information (PCI) and assisting with the compilation where required
- Reviewing Project Manager's project requirements and assisting where required to ensure compliance to CDM for example, notification to the Client of their duties, F10 submission, communication of PCI to all designers and contractors including design hazard risk registers
- Reviewing Project Manager's appointed contractor/principal contractor's construction phase health and safety plan to ensure suitable and sufficient including any risk assessments and method statements, environmental and traffic management plans
- Attending Project Manager's project site meetings as SHE representative where required
- Assisting Project Managers to carry out site inspections to perform Contractor Monitoring activities to comply with RES requirements
- Assist Project Managers where required with SHE input into the clients Systems Lifecycle Management Risk Registers
- Supporting Project Managers where required to liaise with external authorities for project requirements, including the Health and Safety Executive, Local Health Authority and Environment Agencies as necessary
- Assist Project Managers to compile and report SHE metrics for Corporate Responsibility Desktop reporting, including energy & waste figures for individual projects
- Assist Project Managers and the Assurance team to investigate any accidents, incidents and near misses to identify the root cause and lessons learnt
- Assist the Assurance team where required with SHE audits/inspections, training and awareness, and promotion of any SHE campaigns
Your skills and qualifications as a SHE Advisor (Programmes) will ideally include:
- Demonstrable SHE experience in the construction and consultant environments
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations is essential
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or NEBOSH General with construction experience is essential
- CSCS Card - Professionally Qualified Person (PQP) Card or equivalent is essential
- Conversant with HSG65 or other Safety Management Systems is essential
- Experience of coaching, training, influencing and negotiating with staff at all levels to implement change and promote positive outcomes
- Knowledge of QSHE standards e.g. ISO9001, 14001 and 18001, is desirable
- Internal Auditor certification in at least one of the following: Environmental or Health & Safety is desirable
- Certificate of Environmental Management via IEMA or equivalent is desirable