£15.00 - £20.92 per hour
3 months ago
Morson International is looking for Health and Safety Advisor for our client based in Bristol.
- To provide competent advice, information and assistance to directors, managers and staff to meet the business's obligations in respect of Health & Safety, ensuring consistency across the organisation.
- To ensure business is up to date with changing legislation, and implements necessary changes
- To raise awareness of Health & Safety issues by communicating and recommending progressive policies, safe practices and safe systems of work
- To develop and maintain the health and safety management system - such as management reviews, Health & Safety committee meetings, external and internal audits, communications & briefings.
- Work with management to ensure Health & Safety is integrated across all business systems.
- Maintain the health and safety management system in accordance with OHSAS 18001
- Continually improve the health and safety management system and safety culture by responding to findings and opportunities and by identifying and spreading good practices
- Work with managers, staff and stakeholders to integrate health and safety into business processes
- Contribute to the development of health and safety strategy and objectives
- Identify priorities for improvement and develop improvement plans
- Monitor progress and report performance indicators
- Make regular reports to management and the health and safety committee
- Facilitate risk assessment, auditing, inspection and incident investigation activities and ensure they are completed to a satisfactory standard
- Lead health and safety related initiatives, projects and meetings as required.
- Keep up to date with legal requirements and guidance and assess their relevance and impact
External Liaison and Reporting
- Report as required to the enforcing authorities under RIDDOR legislation within specified timescales
- Liaise on behalf of the business with enforcing authorities, i.e. HSE, Fire & Rescue Services etc and other agencies and third parties as required.
- Liaise with members' health and safety representatives and the University of Bristol to ensure expectations are met and to share best practice.
- Participate in Health and Safety interest groups to share best practice and contribute to benchmarking.
- Degree qualified in a science, engineering or specialist H&S subject
- Hold NEBOSH Diploma or have equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of HSE practices in the UK & Europe.
- Experience in a highly pressured industrial or commercial H&S role working with multiple stakeholders, chemicals and manufacturing equipment