Vital Glasgow Construction
3 months ago
Vital resources have been employed by a well-respected and reputable Civil Engineering Contractor within the Central Belt to assist them in appointing a new Health & Safety Professional.
As a HSE professional your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with company managers and board of directors in relation to health & safety legislation
- Implement preventative and corrections actions when/if required
- Investigate all serious accidents, incidents and near misses and ensure any remedial measures are achieved by the appropriate staff
- Report to Management all accidents and any trends
- Report all RIDDOR Reportable Incidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences to the HSE within the correct timescales
- Liaise with HSE, take part in discussions with bodies concerned with accident prevention and be aware of current recommended Codes of Practice and new safety literature
- Promote the safe conduct of work generally and distribute health and safety information to all relevant staff
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualification or Degree within Health and Safety
- NEBOSH Diploma
- IOSH membership
- Previous experience within Civil Engineering is preferred
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package for the right person.
If you would like more information, please contact Jamie Nicholson or click the "apply now" link.