£16.00 - £20.92 per hour
2 months ago
Morson International is looking for Health and Safety Advisor for our client based in Bristol.
Managing Systems, Reporting and Upholding Legal Requirements
- Working with management, plan and prioritise the H&S activity of the company
- Maintain the health and safety management system in accordance with OHSAS 18001
- Continually improve the health and safety management system and safety culture by responding to findings and opportunities and by identifying and spreading good practices
- Work with managers, staff and stakeholders to integrate health and safety into business processes
- Contribute to the development of health and safety strategy and objectives
- Identify priorities for improvement and develop improvement plans
- Monitor progress and report performance indicators
- Make regular reports to management and the health and safety committee
- Facilitate risk assessment, auditing, inspection and incident investigation activities and ensure they are completed to a satisfactory standard
- Lead health and safety related initiatives, projects and meetings as required.
- Keep up to date with legal requirements and guidance and assess their relevance and impact
Communication and Training
- Provide advice, information, assistance and coaching to managers, staff and other building users
- Proactively communicate to all staff on health and safety issues through channels such as the intranet, staff meetings and staff bulletins
- Proactively communicate with workshop staff, zone owners, first aiders and fire marshals
- Advise on training needs
- Design and deliver health and safety training
- Degree qualified in a science, engineering or specialist H&S subject
- Hold NEBOSH Diploma or have equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of HSE practices in the UK & Europe.
- Experience in a highly pressured industrial or commercial H&S role working with multiple stakeholders, chemicals and manufacturing equipment
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence in the management of Health & Safety.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Strong organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Clear personal alignment with the company values
- Ability to train others
- Ability to work with low levels of supervision and deliver high output