£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
17 days ago
An opportunity has become available to work for a business that integrate systems within the Aerospace and Defence markets globally. Due to new projects on the horizon and further expansion across the whole of the business, they're looking to bring on a Head of Systems Engineer to lead multiple projects and domains throughout the engineering lifecycle.
As the Head of Systems, you'll also be expected to:
- Take part in developing the company's in-house systems design capability
- Take on key project delivery roles to ensure projects are delivered to a timely manner and using best practice functions
- Lead a the teams within the Systems functions (Engineers and Analysts) to allocate appropriate tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, train and coach the systems engineering team
- Approve and generate bid estimates within the Systems set up
- Help manage and identify any risks detected within the Function
- Ensure efficient system delivery and work practices by working with other Engineering functions (software, support, and electronics).
- Commute to other sites to support and ensure efficiency on day to day functional activities
To be successful in the role of Head of Systems Engineering, you'll have the following skills:
- Leading a team of at least 10 Engineers or various teams
- Extensive experience with systems engineering utilising the full development lifecycle (SDA or PEL)
- Detailed knowledge of MS Office
Any knowledge of the following would hold you in good stead:
- Windchill and IFS
- Agile methodologies / SCRUM
This is an urgent requirement for someone who is eligible for SC clearance or who already hold one. One stage interview process with an immediate start date.
Get in touch for more info or apply and send your CV.