City of London, London
£68000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + negotiable
7 months ago
Morson is proud to be the recruitment partner for The Low Carbon Contracts Company as they embark upon a large and varied recruitment campaign.
The Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) and the Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) sit at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity. Run as a private, not for profit limited company, the LCCC primarily provides the mechanism behind Contracts for Difference (CfD) - a contract introduced by the government to incentivise investment in secure, low-carbon electricity.
By enabling smaller low-carbon generators to gain entry through long-term revenue stabilisation, the LCCC plays a pivotal part in the UK's Energy Market Reform, the biggest change to the electricity market since privatisation.
3 years from its inception and having met short term objectives, they look now to move to the next strategic phase and are investing significantly in the workforce and are now looking to recruit a Head of Strategy, Stakeholders and Business Development to provide a crucial contribution towards ongoing success
The Head of Strategy, Stakeholders and Business Development will lead on developing and executing the LCCC company strategy and LCC's external profile within the energy and government sectors.
The Head of Strategy, Stakeholders and Business Development will lead on the annual strategy review and business planning cycle, maintaining the business plan and undertaking quarterly business plan and strategy performance reviews. Furthermore, manage the company's external relations with the energy sector, designing the stakeholder engagement and external communications strategy and driving the development of new stakeholder offerings working with Policy and Insights and Scheme Delivery.
In addition, the role will seek to identify new business development opportunities beyond the core scheme delivery, which will align with Shareholder's priorities and have the potential to add value to the government from existing operations.
Strategy and Business Planning
- Manage the annual business planning process and oversee development of a master business plan, working with finance to ensure a fully costed budget it set.
- Conduct quarterly strategy and business plan reviews, ensuring that the Director of Strategy and Development has the information required to take resource management decisions.
- Track the progress of strategic initiatives
- Work with the Reporting and Analytics team to develop the company strategic KPIs and annual scorecard.
- Develop the LCCC company strategy in conjunction with the Director of Strategy and Development
- Conduct market horizon scanning for new opportunities
- Create business cases for new opportunities
Stakeholder Management & Communications
- Develop the stakeholder engagement and external communication strategies
- Ensure the reputation of LCCC is enhanced through delivery of all external communications, website management, newsletters and media relations
- Lead on developing and implementing marketing and brand campaigns
- Set the direction for the development of new stakeholder offerings,
- Able to balance understanding of the energy regulatory environment and market design with operational insight
- Strong regulatory and policy acumen and experience of working with government
- Proven track record of business development and working with an organisation's business strategy
- Previous stakeholder management, communications and PR experience.
- Highly developed ability to work with ambiguity, manage a diverse workload with competing deadlines and experience of working across organisational boundaries and disciplines.
Shortlisting dates are secured throughout August so please apply as soon as you are able. Further information can be found here https://www.morson.com/low-carbon-contracts-company-careers