City of London, London
£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + + Benefits
about 1 month ago
I am partnering with an independent, not-for-profit company, wholly owned by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
The organisation consists of a team of people from the public and private sectors with a range of backgrounds who work together to deliver two government schemes at the heart of delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable energy.
Your new role
The Head of Scheme Management leads a team managing from a portfolio perspective both the Contract for Difference (CfD) and Capacity Market (CM) schemes, taking an impartial and objective view of scheme issues. The person will lead on commercial issues and key decisions on company position on potential and/or existing first-of-kind issues and changes across the schemes, including non-standard contractual changes and the schemes' development.
The Scheme Management team will work closely with the Contract Management team. The Contract Management team is responsible for managing individual contracts and the day-to-day relationship with generators.
The Head of Scheme Management will also work with the Strategy & Policy Team in delivering our "trusted advisor" role to BEIS and supporting future schemes design, monitoring and reporting on the schemes operating performance and advising on scheme improvements, stakeholder management and new business opportunities.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Scheme Management team and manage the team (currently 3/4 people) and support the Scheme Delivery Director as one of four "Heads" in the team
- Lead on engagement with BEIS around the current Schemes, and act as trusted advisor to BEIS, inputting on schemes evolution and future contract terms.
- Lead on engagement with scheme applicants, counterparties and other stakeholders on scheme issues, including the preparation of materials for, and the delivery of workshops and stakeholders' engagement events.
- Develop and maintain wider stakeholder relationships including with BEIS, National Grid, Ofgem and other strategic delivery partners and key stakeholders.
- Provide commercial advice to other internal functions on contract interpretation and assist them in carrying out impact assessment of scheme related issues or CfD contract change proposals.
- Lead on scheme issues and portfolio contractual change and perform commercial analysis on specific first-of-kind or portfolio issues.
- Input into commercial and strategic analysis and advice on the improvement of the schemes.
- Manage and monitor progress of external and internal consultants on strategic projects.
- Produce reports and guidance for internal and external stakeholders on the schemes operating performance.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong commercial experience in the energy sector and/or in power and energy infrastructure
- Good understanding of the current UK energy policy landscape and regulatory framework
- Good understanding of the power infrastructure investments landscape, particularly drivers and challenges in the renewables sector
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, explaining and presenting complex technical or financial information
- Demonstrated experience of working with a range of stakeholders, ideally within the public and energy sectors
- Experience of project planning and delivery, capable of managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent commercial acumen and operational experience in undertaking commercial analysis.
- Strong influencing, written and verbal communication skills with experience of reporting and exposure to senior management.
- Operational experience across the project life cycle of power energy assets highly desirable.
- Experience in contract development and drafting highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of regulatory and contractual framework of CFD and CM desirable.
- Good understanding of the UK power market fundamentals desirable.
- Advisor experience desirable.
This role is offering a base salary of £80,000 - £90,000 pa + benefits. My client is based in central London.