North West England, England
£60000.00 - £67200.00 per annum + benefits
2 months ago
Our client operate within the roads and highways sector and play a major role in boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety. They currently require a Head of Scheme Delivery on a 9 month fixed term contract basis.
Our client currently have a challenging but highly rewarding opportunity for a Head of Scheme Delivery to join their North West Operations team. The successful individual will be leading the detailed design and delivery of our capital investment programme in line with budgets, timescales and operational KPIs whilst ensuring an enhancement in the customer experience. The role will be primarily be based in Manchester but with weekly trips to other North West locations.
Day to Day:
* Take responsibility for delivery of a nine figure annual capex and opex plan
* Lead the engagement with internal and external regional stakeholders so that detailed design requirements are fully understood and scheme delivery is optimised
* Effectively manage resources and activities to minimise disruption for customers.
* Ensure best practice customer communications and engagement approaches are developed and embedded in the ways of working, to continuously manage the customer perception of the schemes in scope, and maintain or improve customer satisfaction scores
* Lead the development of effective and collaborative relationships with the supplier community through clear and shared vision, outcomes, critical success factors and performance measures on all capital programmes in scope
* Deliver effective management and assurance of supplier performance so that technical, customer service and performance standards are met, and that any early warnings, risks and issues are captured, tracked and resolved in line with best practice processes and contractual expectations.
* Continuously review programme design and delivery capabilities, processes and approaches, identifying opportunities for improvement and delivering measurable efficiency benefits in line with agreed targets champion and share best practice across Operations and the wider organisation.
* Act as the nominated Service Manager for the region's contracts perform, either directly or through nominated representatives, the necessary duties specified as per the terms of the contracts in scope.
* Ensure relevant statutory and regulatory duties, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges standards, service delivery manuals, requirements and guidance are appropriately discharged.
* Extensive experience in developing and managing annual financial and resource plans including the development of budgets, capital programmes and service level contracts
* Proven programme and project management experience
* Extensive supplier and contract management experience
* Up to date knowledge and understanding of CDM and health and safety regulations
* Proven commercial and financial acumen solid understanding of commercial and contractual principles, with the ability to apply these to manage/influence performance
* Strong interfacing skills - internally and with external partners as well as strong management skills (this role will operationally manage up to 30 people)
* Experience gained within a roads and highways environment would be beneficial due to the nature of this business
Interested? Please send your CV to Ben Pascall on or call 0161 707 1516