about 1 month ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
We are now looking to recruit a Head of Sales - Submarine Systems to support the ongoing success and growth of the business at a very exciting time.
Purpose of the role:
A clear leadership role working alongside Head of Delivery and Chief Engineer. You will be able to build customer relationships at senior levels should have bidding and negotiation experience. You will be expected to articulate business and sales strategies, develop opportunities but most importantly work internally to ensure buy-in at all levels. You will be responsible for brigading the Product and Sales team and creating growth strategies. You should have the ability to create targets and deliver on company and Division targets.
- Managing and Delivering the Divisional Order Intake, Corporate Planning and Bid Targets and Budgets
- Line management of Product & Sales team
- Setting out the future sales strategy and product requirements
- Assigning teams to sales opportunities, bids and products
- Ensuring the AEUK sales process is implemented and followed
- Conducting phase reviews of projects
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Primarily outward facing requiring good people skills, the ability to build lasting relationships and tenacity to meet targets
- Ability to develop divisional strategies that align with AEUK goals
- Strategic thinking with strong focus on targets
- Ability to manage and develop a strong, motivated and high performing sales team
- Good understanding of internal and external stakeholders, including SMT, AEUK board, Atlas Group shareholders and industry leaders.
- Ability to solve complex problems, taking account of political, financial and commercial dimensions
- Provide strategic advice for sales campaigns and product developments
- Promote effective and collaborative behaviours across Product, System Design Authority and Project teams
- Target and results driven
- Experience in leading and delivering large complex bids
- Strong business development and marketing skills
- Leadership of the sales process throughout the whole pursuit-to-bid lifecycle
- An accomplished presenter, confident in front of people with strong inter-personal skills. The ability to think imaginatively and communicate the result
- Sound judgement with an ability to analyse and estimate
- Domain knowledge is helpful but not essential. Understanding of Submarine related products and technologies.
- The ability to manage across Divisional boundaries developing ideas and influence people.
- Managing up, gaining the trust of the Senior Management Team to gain support for sales and product requirements
- Good knowledge of AEUK and AE Group products and technologies.
- Close engagement with engineering, Divisional/Department Heads, team leaders and support functions
- Ensure that bids and projects are based around a structured programme that is compliant with business and engineering processes
- Growing a strong future sales pipeline in line with the AEUK growth strategy
- Coordinating and producing strong competitive bid proposals
- Winning profitable opportunities within a very competitive market
- Growing our sales portfolio into adjacent markets
- IBP 5 year sales plan
- Delivering in year Divisional Sales Target
- Management of Bid and Sales budget
- Adherence to sales/LCM process
- Product strategies and investment business cases
- R&D proposals
- Tenacity, drive and self-motivation
- Exploits national and international reputation and networks to maintain detailed understanding of stakeholder/market requirements
- Promotes delivery excellence within team
- Can lead strong teams and be a team player
- Seek and be open to advice and strategic direction from the Senior Management Team
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.