Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
7 months ago
Morson International is recruiting for a Head of Reporting working for a large Rail client based in London. You will be accountable and responsible for designing, leading, implementing and the ongoing delivery of all reporting up to Board and Sponsor level. This includes ongoing management and implementation of change to the reporting strategy that aligns with the evolving priorities of the Programme until final completion of the Programme.
Provision of strategic management and guidance to deliver business critical and meaningful information that gives an accurate representation of programme performance and facilitates an increase in the quality of information and insights across the Organisation.
This is a line management position responsible for several reporting resources at a professional level in addition to providing leadership to the wider reporting community on the Programme.
- Manage and lead the ongoing delivery of all reporting up to Board and Sponsor level, including deciding which reports are produced, their format, method of delivery, how critical information is prioritised and how they align to the organisation's key messages.
- Lead the ongoing design revisions and implement improvements to meet the changing nature of the Programme.
- Develop and implement reporting standards, policy and strategy for the client programme reporting by establishing or improving processes to enable the timely and regular transfer of accurate and coherent information into the relevant performance reports as required to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Review the reporting framework and reporting processes at critical points in the life-cycle of the Programme to address stakeholder reporting requirements, redesigning and cascading changes as required.
- Lead a tangible increase in the quality of reporting across the organisation resulting in the improvement of information flow, insight, and escalation of issues through new solutions or improving existing ones. Rapidly assess the cost/benefit of recommendations for improvement and manage expectations for their implementation.
- Manage Programme Reporting Resources and lead Sub Programme reporting resources in addition to technical professionals in delivering high quality and relevant information. Make sensible and realistic decisions on how the reporting resources should priorities their work to meet the needs of the Organisation.
- Assist in defining inputs and outputs required for visual management deployment to ensure it is used effectively to drive performance.
- Partner with the Heads of Cost & Change, Risk Management and Planning to establish a collaborative process to provide accurate and integrated information to allow effective Performance Controls including the provision of easily accessible reports to advise on performance, progress and mitigating actions.
- Maintain contact with key senior stakeholders, including Delivery and Industry Partners so that reporting is in line with their expectations and requirements, following up around critical issues as required.
- Provide strategic direction to, and oversight of, all period and semi-annual reporting so that information is appropriately prioritised for its audience, is accurate, appropriately detailed, submitted timely to enable key decision making, aligned to the requirements of key stakeholders, and utilises the guidance in the Programme Development Agreement.
- Provide quality assurance around the reporting framework, key messaging, and report content.
- Support external assurance processes as required.
- Maintain and raise the profile with external parties, interfacing with external initiatives to bring leading practice and learning into the Programme.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the principles.
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with the clients Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction.
- Strong skills in performance data analysis and synthesis (including analysis of financial and operational data)
- Strong process management skills and the ability to ensure adherence to a defined process effectively whilst combining efforts from a multi disciplinary team.
- Strong inter-personal and stakeholder management skills.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills (e.g. project planning, problem definition, options analysis, solution definition, change / journey management, embedding and measuring change)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to make complex information intelligible for audiences of all types
- Strong presentation skills, including data visualisation and the effective use of PowerPoint and Excel
- Substantial hands on experience in production of project and/or Programme reporting in a multi-million pound infrastructure project.
- Substantial experience of managing and motivating reporting teams on major infrastructure programmes.
- Experience of working in a complex, changing, high calibre environment, for example in professional services or major programmes
- Extensive knowledge of large engineering construction projects.
- Extensive knowledge of the use of Project and Programme control tools, processes and techniques and the ability to use then to improve efficiencies and performance communication.