City of London, London
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
29 days ago
Head of Reporting; 12 Month Contract; London; LTD or PAYE
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Finance but working closely with sector and lines of business Finance Directors, this is a 12 month role for maternity cover
This will include:-
* Leading and executing month-end and quarter-end P&L distribution including analysis and presentation of results
* Manage the central finance team for centre cost Companies with direct exposure to country, line of business and divisional FDs/FCs
* Own the production of monthly, quarterly and ad hoc financial reporting for Group and Division
* Ensuring the delivery of accurate and consistent data quality in the financial systems across the sector business lines
* Craft and manage SAP BPC reports, working closely with Group finance and Operating entities across Aviation
* Work with business operations, and other key stakeholders to generate requested reporting output and financial analysis
* Drive key insights and analytics
* Execute value-added analysis and provide decision support for special projects and initiatives
* Execute continuous process improvement
* Lead and execute year end external audit processes
* Help execute SAP implementation globally
* Working autonomously to deliver the above
Key outputs/deliverables will be:
* Ownership of internal timetables for the Sector required for managing all major finance programmes e.g. budget, forecast, strategic plan and audits.
* Provide technical guidance to the business as and when needed on complex accounting matters
* Consolidation, review and reporting of monthly, budget, forecast and strategic plans across the Aviation sector. Present results to Assistant Director of Finance and Finance Director for the Sector.
* Control and manage ad-hoc head office reporting.
* Recommend amendments to the Business Processes, associated work instructions and controls supporting Reporting and the use of SAP BPC.
* Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the services provided ensuring engagement with individuals who can validate and progress those opportunities.
* Materials in support of internal and external audit requirements
* Manage and track the completion of statutory accounts across the Sector
* Manage working capital
* Regional reviews with the Sector Assistant director of finance
Additional Key Accountabilities
* Supporting continuous improvement projects through to completion.
* Work in collaboration with other process owners to ensure the full end to end process is maintained as a consequence of any changes adopted.
* Ensuring the Business Processes provide effective controls whilst meeting the demands of the business and any regulatory body.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
* ICAEW ACA qualification or equivalent
* "Big 4" audit background (3 - 5 years PQE)
* Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
* Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
* Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards in respect to Financial Reporting.
Skills & Competencies
Key Technical Skills / competencies
* Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
* Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. SAP BPC, NAV IFS etc.
* Proven track record on SAP BPC consolidation system.
Delivery of business objectives.
* A demonstrable team player with an ability to help motivate those working with them.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to influence and negotiate to ensure key decisions, deadlines and targets are met.
* Ensure adherence to defined processes and work instructions.
* Demonstrate an ability to identify issues faced and to find solutions to those issues pro-actively.
* Excellent time management skills.
Mental/Analytical Skills & Challenges
* Ability to identify trends from information available from multiple sources and to listen to the feedback from customers and staff.
* Data analysis skills in support of a continuous improvement operating model.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;