7 months ago
Head Of Project Management, Contract, Nuclear, Location flexible
Our Client is looking for a contract Head of Project Management to lead the Project Management Profession within the Business in the maintenance and development of Capability
This is a leadership role and key attributes of the successful candidate will include:
- A recognised track record in project / programme management and controls or demonstrable project delivery experience
- Experience of working in a functional role and developing individuals and a capability.
- Demonstrable success in a senior people leadership role
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and maintain an effective network.
- Being decisive with flexibility to adapt to changing needs.
- Change management experience, results orientated with a team-centred approach.
Principal Tasks & Responsibilities
- Define and deliver the Project Management Strategy and Vision ensuring it integrates with the overall Business strategy
- Recruit and maintain competent and suitably qualified experienced staff and agency supplied resources to ensure core capability is available to meet the demands of the business.
- Work with the business units to ensure appropriate deployment of all Project Management Resources ensuring this aligns with an individual's SQEP and career development needs.
- To provide independent assurance of project delivery and performance across the business by assessing ability to deliver programmes / projects on time and within budget whilst ensuring associated programme / project risks are mitigated
- To provide independent assurance of compliance with the project governance framework and management system
- Document and maintain processes and procedures within the Management System with reference to industry best practice
- Ensure the necessary Health, Safety and Welfare informed compliance with legislative requirements through the training of all functional staff Maintain an appropriate functional structure for the Project Management community to ensure all members are aligned to a functional lead. Ensure functional leads, with the support of line managers, manage employee's professional development (including their PDR), long-term welfare and deployment within the business
- To establish and maintain the Career Development Framework and support the professional development of all Project Management professionals within the function.
- To assess all resource assigned to project delivery roles to ensure they are Suitably Qualified and Experienced in line with the APM 2nd Edition Competency Framework.
- Provide leadership in the development of "best practice" as outlined within, the APM "Body of Knowledge" and other relevant industry standards to improve business performance
- To lead by example and champion the principles as set out in ''Being Cavendish Nuclear'' and to foster and encourage a safety first working culture
- Maintains professional links to the APM and other associated professional bodies relevant to the development of the Project Management Community
- To build a Project Management community and communicate, share and promote awareness of external and internal best practice in project management
- Degree level qualification preferred minimum level HND. or HNC in an appropriate discipline or appropriate level of experience
- A postgraduate qualification and/or Chartership is preferred, as is membership of a professional body;
- APM (PMQ) qualified (or equivalent Project Management Institute qualification) preferably to Chartered Project Professional (ChPP).
- Senior Leadership course highly valued
- IOSH Managing Safely or higher safety qualifications preferred
- Environmental training preferred; Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) Foundation Course or Associate Certificate or NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- Minimum 15 years project management experience of which 5 years were in leadership functions for high complexity projects and programmes
- Able to demonstrate management experience across the complete project lifecycle
- Experience in managing and leading project teams
- Nuclear background preferable or other similarly highly regulated industry
This role is not location specific so could be based at any of the primary Clients Nuclear offices with travel as required and expected in a leadership position. There will be Regular visits to All other Clients offices and customer sites. SC + CTC clearance will need to be achieved.