about 2 months ago
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
We are now looking to recruit a Head of Production to support the ongoing success and growth of the business at a very exciting time.
Reporting to the Head of Production & Infrastructure Division, you will be responsible for the line management and development of the Team Leaders within the production department. Through these Team Leaders, you will be responsible for ensuring the effective management and development of the production teams within the business.
- Have the ability to take on and deliver complex tasks to time, cost and quality
- Develop and implement an agreed and coherent strategy for AEUK Production to meet future demands and agree with Head of P&I
- Lead the Production capability for ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK (AEUK) ensuring delivery of current production commitments and addressing issues in a dynamic way
- Manage staffing & skills levels according to demand and future plans
- Manage major integration tasks (e.g. handling systems and autonomous vehicles) as part of production working closely with engineering and project teams for prototype, pre-production and First of Class production
- Foster and grow the developing production culture within AEUK working with the rest of the business
- Ensure continuous improvement is at the forefront of production activities using a set of agreed KPIs to manage delivery performance
- Ensure that production processes produce reliable, consistent product which also supports the growth of the In Service Support business
- Ensure Production Engineering disciplines (Design for Manufacture, Design for Assembly, Lean Manufacture etc) are promoted and adhered to throughout the product lifecycle
- Establish a coherent approach to the use of infrastructure assets
- Ensure Quality Control processes are effective through Quality Control programmes with the correct process documentation in place
- Ensure all environmental, health and safety guidelines are followed
- Ensure all products are compliant with configuration control requirements
- Work with Production Planning, ensuring the provision of input to bids and projects on production tasks to ensure that there are viable and affordable production schedules that will meet the customer requirements
- Provide effective reporting on the status of all production within the system and the scheduling of expected future orders. Build investment cases where necessary to meet future demands
- Report on progress regularly to management and internal customers
Knowledge skills and personal qualities required:
- Proven vocational track record in a similar production environment
- Formal training in production management is advantageous including processes and approaches which can be tailored to the needs of the business
- Health, Safety, and Environment training relevant to a production environment
- Formal training/experience in production techniques
- Formal training/techniques/experience in Quality Control.
The successful candidate will have proven capabilities and experience in the following areas
- Ability to think and respond strategically, formulate a coherent strategy and communicate this to senior management to gain buy in, and then implement the agreed strategy
- Management of production facilities for bespoke production of high end products
- Management of integration, test, and acceptance activities where appropriate
- The introduction of new products into production
- Working experience of Environmental, Health and Safety requirements
- Strong people management skills and experience of leading and developing teams of production staff consisting of permanent and contract staff
- Experience in production optimisation and change implementation
- Strong leadership skills-ability to structure strategy, direct production needs, and solve problems creatively
- Ability to engage with staff at the working level and gain respect from production teams
- Ability to engage with senior management on key issues and future plans
- Ability to identify and manage day to day production issues
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Personal commitment and drive to ensure customer deliveries are achieved to time, cost, quality
- Experience in continuous improvement processes.
If you match the criteria set out above and would like further information please contact Morson International, AEUK's recruitment partner or click to apply.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve full SC (Security Clearance).