about 1 month ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Manager to join the tram with our prestigious client
Primary Purpose of the Role:
To design and deliver the sustainable procurement strategy and associated supply chain improvements.
To lead the function's contribution to the company's Social Value proposition, delivering competitive advantage via procurement excellence within all aspects of Social Value.
To act as the change agent to improve the capability, maturity, and performance of the business Procurement function with respect to Sustainability and Social Value, including its processes, tools, people development and ways of working to deliver value add competitiveness and supply chain value protect compliance.
- UK Chief Procurement Officer and all members of the Procurement team
- UK SPO Director (Supplier and Performance Operations) and Team
- UK & Group HSE
- UK Product HSE / Engineering
- UK Corporate Responsibility
- TBSS Shared Accounting Services
- UK Quality including Supplier Quality Assurance
- UK Legal Compliance
- Group Procurement
- Trade Associations e.g. ADS
- MoD Sustainable Procurement Team
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- To design and deliver both the Sustainable Procurement and Social Value strategies and associated supply chain improvements
- To ensure the strategies balance the twin priorities of value add (competitive improvement through sustainability) and value protect (compliance to customer or business requirements, especially Social Value )
- To construct and deliver these within the context of the 5 Ps
- Planet: environmental impact (including emissions, energy and waste reductions),
- People: social impact (including positive social value, prevention of modern slavery, supplier diversification and inclusive procurement)
- Prosperity: economic impact (including prompt payment, financial stability, development of local supply chains (SMEs), and regional prosperity).
- Peace: ethical impact (acting responsibly with transparency and integrity).
- Partnership: working collaboratively with all stakeholders to deliver sustainable best practice.
- Execute the associated deployment plans throughout the Procurement function and in interfacing functions as required
- Animate a network of Sustainability champions throughout the function, working with them to ensure implementation of the Strategies throughout all functional activity
- Work with the Category Management team to embed Sustainable and Social Value thinking throughout the creation and execution of category strategies and policies.
- Work with the PPMs in Domains to support the delivery of the strategies to deliver commercial advantage as part of our bids and throughout the project life cycle
- Be the functional subject matter expert with respect to our contribution to UK Government requirements for Social Value in our proposals
- Work with the Supplier Operations team to promote Sustainable capability in the supply chain as part of the continuous capability and maturity improvement of our supply base, providing subject matter expertise as required.
- Develop robust tools and trackers that shape priorities and track actual against planned progress
Subject Matter Expertise
- Proactively maintain and develop subject matter expertise and awareness of the regulations, legislation, restrictions, controls and certifications that are placed upon the business and its supply chain.
- Participate in internal and external networks to maintain and share thought leadership in all areas relating to Sustainability and Social Value
- To participate in specialist topic working groups internally and externally representing the function within UK or international networks, personally contribute to the advancement of the Procurement profession both within the company and nationally with respect to Sustainability and provide thought leadership in both subjects.
- Accountable for the effective flow down of associated knowledge and communications across the function.
- Lead by example in compliance with agreed sustainability and Social Value processes, governance and controls.
- When required, provide expertise and support to SMEs in the Thales supply chain to further develop their Sustainability and Social Value capability and maturity, or assist other members of the function to do so.
- Develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of Sustainability and Social Value targets.
- To proactively engage and manage the principle relationships identified above, representing the interests of the UK Procurement function.
- Provide thought leadership across the Sustainability and Social Value agenda to all Stakeholders, helping drive the continuous improvement of the company's approach.
- Collaborate with the UK HSE function in defining and optimising the business Sustainable Future strategy and action plan
Skills and Experience
- Subject matter expertise in Sustainability combined with enthusiasm to promote the agenda and drive cultural change
- Deep understanding of the Social Value subject within the UK Governments acquisition policy
- The ability to translate the wider Sustainability agenda into a Strategic vision relevant for the function
- Business Case / Strategic planning
- Change Management practices to contribute to the continuous capability and efficiency improvement of the function..
- Convincing written and oral communication and presentation skills taking into account the different needs of employees, senior management and other stakeholders.
- Ability to network internally and externally, exploiting multiple networking opportunities and representing Thales UK interests
- Excellent interpersonal skills to optimise cross organisation working and to work effectively with suppliers, competitors and the global business community.
- Lean Practitioner and Change Management
- 10 years plus relevant experience in Procurement, Compliance and Sustainability
- Stakeholder management at senior levels within an international organisation
- Use of Performance Management techniques and measurement
- A Track record of delivering on business needs in a testing commercial environment.
- Knowledge of UK Government Acquisition policies.
Values & Behaviours:
Displays the following:
- Able to analyse complex and sometimes incomplete information to create an easy to communicate short-medium and long term solution, addressing Thales requirements across it's businesses
- Able to work effectively within and across transverse teams and actively seeks synergies and sharing of best practices, prioritises needs of Thales UK.
- Adapts behaviours and uses appropriate techniques to plan and manage relationships with key stakeholders both within Thales and outside.
- Displays passion, energy, drive, agility and resilience in achieving ambitious targets under difficult circumstances, capitalises on lessons learned and responds positively to setbacks.
- Has a clear understanding of the global perspective and a high level of cultural awareness relevant to their role working within Thales.
- Emotionally intelligent and comfortable relating to many different types of people
- Customer focused and results orientated, concerned with meeting / exceeding stakeholder expectations.
- Be recognised as a subject matter expert.
- Adaptive and change focused - both a "doer" and "leader" able to adapt personal style to teach, coach, delegate as appropriate.
Works fully consistently with and is role model for the the business Values:
- Shape solutions out of complexity
- Be ambitious and accountable
- Perform through cooperation
- Influence key stakeholders
- Engage and develop teams
- Manage Self
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.