£0.00 - £70000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Are you a dedicated, experienced procurement specialist? Have you previously created, implemented and delivered a purchasing strategy? Would you like to transform and shape a busy procurement department for a market-leading engineering business? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Head of Procurement to work for a market-leading engineering business based in Wiltshire on a 12-month fixed-term contract. In this role, you will create, implement and deliver the purchasing strategy for the business; working across planning, procurement and production to ensure all key departments work in collaboration together to provide a professional and reliable service to customers.
Your role will involve working with Heads of department across the site to transform the future of the procurement department. Utilising the new ERP system, MoveEx, you will put in place processes, procedures and KPIs to build on and improve the procurement service.
As Head of Procurement you will:
- Develop and communicate a purchasing strategy; establishing, communicating and implementing long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency;
- Work with heads of departments to ensure priorities and objectives are aligned to business needs;
- Lead and manage a team of 3 including; Procurement Manager, Buyer and Apprentice;
- Work with planning and production to ensure a join-up approach to bids, purchasing and manufacturing;
- Lead on the development of procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organisational value and efficiency;
- Create and implement KPIs to ensure the procurement service is effective and efficient;
- Report to the senior management team on updates, progress and time frames;
To be successful in this role, you will have previously transformed, shaped or improved a procurement department; having successfully implemented a strategy, processes and procedures. Your background will be from a manufacturing/production environment and you will confident in leading change and driving transformation. Communication is key in this role as you will be working with department leaders, Directors and employees from across the business, so a strong, professional communication style is essential.
This is a role where, over the next 12-months, you can have a key part in shaping the future of a market-leading engineering business.
For more information on this role, please contact Taylor on 0117 933 4597 or apply online today…