Reading, Berkshire, S. E. England, England
£550 - £700 per day
9 days ago
We are currently looking for Head of Procurement for our defence client based in Reading.
- Accountable for end to end performance of the acquisition process (Time, Quality, Subcontract or Frame Agreement Management,
- Expected to ensure the collaborative implementation of agreed category strategies that he/she oversees in the Region with a focus on continuous improvement of relevant categories.
- Accountable for supplier selection and relationship management, via the Category Manager.
- Accountable for strategic supplier performance (excluding operational / programme level) including quality, cost, delivery, contractual performance, innovation for all CBU's in his/her Region.
- Accountable for ensuring the most up-to-date knowledge of his/her supplier market, including innovations and key new emerging technologies in his/her Region.
- Accountable for motivating and leading the team and ensuring collective and individual efficiency, forming and enhancing team dynamic to meet the challenges in front of our business.
The role is Regionally based but he/she represents relevant categories on behalf of the Segment Director and as such requires an excellent view of the organisation as well as a strong ability to interact with many stakeholders while ensuring the implementation of agreed Global category strategies."
Key Performance Indicators for this position are:
- Annual volume of commitment and spend within relevant categories and % of Savings
- Number of suppliers for the given category and the structured closure of legacy, close and disengage suppliers as defined by the category strategies
- Year on year competitiveness and cost reductions
- Categories operational performance (e.g.) quality, cost, delivery, supply risk assessment, tier 1 - x supply chain mapping, KPI etc.
- Categories compliance with policy suppliers based on both commitment and spend
- Implementation of framework agreement(s) or specific contract(s) where there is a business need
Education and experience:
Professional qualification (CIPS, EIPM, ISM etc.) are essential. International business, Procurement, Supply Chain or Engineering degrees are desirable coupled with other professional qualifications (e.g.) Project Management & strong team management in an international organisation.
- 10+ years' experience in Procurement.
- Experience in Procurement including experience of interactions with senior management.
- Experience in working in cross functional teams in a Procurement Bids and/or Project role.
- Experience in delivery of complex supplier solutions.
- Experience in the SRM (Supplier relationship Management)
- Experience in Product Policy management.
- Experience in people management. Extensive experience in complex transformation projects. Proven experience of leading global/regional category management teams. Several years of experience in operational and strategic procurement for global organisation in General Expenses & IT Services
Recognising the restricted nature of work, suitable candidates will be SC Cleared or eligible for this level of clerance