Manchester, Greater Manchester
£65000 - £80000.00 per annum + car/bonus
24 days ago
Our client are a leading nuclear supply chain company, delivering complex engineering solutions and services to clients across the sector. They are enjoying a period of exponential growth and as a result are now looking to appoint a Head of Planning who will be tasked with providing further enhancement and definition of the company's existing planning function.
Candidates from any safety focused, highly regulated industry sector (examples include, but are not limited to; oil & gas, aerospace, defence, chemicals, rail etc) will be considered for this role. A strong background in planning and the
The successful candidate for this role will report to the Programme Management and Project Controls Director and will work as part of that team to lead the Planning function within the business, setting and assuring planning standards and best practice for successful delivery of projects and services.
Key attributes of the successful candidate will include:
* An inspirational and persuasive leader able to act both strategically and tactically and willing to engage and motivate at all levels to achieve exceptional results.
* Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and maintain an effective network.
* Customer focus and commercial awareness.
* Results orientated with the appropriate skills to hold others accountable for delivery of results.
* Experienced in delivering and managing cultural change programmes.
* Able to coach and develop others to achieve successful delivery
* Committed and collaborative team player.
* Provide visible leadership, direction and guidance in relation to planning to the business.
* Ensure that planning standards and processes are set and communicated effectively, applied appropriately and provide guidance and support where required.
* Apply appropriate Assurance and Governance to ensure consistent application of risk management in support of the delivery of successful projects; audit and provide support to delivery and business winning to ensure planning activities are delivered in accordance with the standards and processes set out by the Business Management System (BMS).
* Monitor external developments for best practice and build an external body of contacts to leverage improvements.
* Work with customers to extend sales opportunities.
* Embed learning culture where knowledge and learnings are sought to help improve project and people performance.
* Identify and drive improvements for delivery of planning activities based on identified learning and examples of internal and external best practice.
* To lead by example and champion the principles set out in company mission statement and to foster and encourage a safety-first working culture.
* Set the SQEP Competency requirements and verify compliance across the Planning profession.
* Ensure the necessary Health, Safety and Welfare informed compliance with legislative requirements
* Actively promote environmental awareness and sustainability through the project delivery cycle.
* Direct and manage the collection and compilation of a planning/work breakdown/EPS structure database to support project delivery that is defensible and stand internal and external scrutiny.
* Accountable for administration and control of the P6 database to allow for effective strategic resource planning and development of appropriate work breakdown structures for delivery of work.
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate achievement / competence in the following:
* Formal qualification in relevant technical / project management discipline.
* Significant planning experience in a project based engineering environment using Primavera planning software, including experience of managing team(s) of senior planning staff.
* Project portfolio planning and change management for small/medium/large sized EPC projects.
* Worked with Project Managers to deliver successfully packages of work on major multi-disciplined projects.
* Sound knowledge of recognised project management and project controls principles.
* Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
* Sound commercial awareness and knowledge of contractual arrangements.
* Nuclear background ideal, but candidates from other similarly highly regulated industries will be equally considered.
Base location will be one of our primary hub offices with expectation of UK wide travel to meet the requirements for the role.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
Interested? Please send your CV or call me on 0161 707 1516