Greater Manchester, England
£550.00 - £750.00 per day
13 days ago
Manchester Airports Group
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment on behalf of Manchester Airports Group (MAG)
MAG is the country's largest airport group. Owning Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports and airport services in the USA. However, the airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! With over 40 million passengers, flying to over 250 destinations annually, with tireless work behind the scenes to ensure that the operation is well oiled through the intensive training for 5000+ colleagues across all of our airports. MAG is an exciting environment with multiple billion pound investment projects currently being delivered whilst enjoying a strong period of growth and change.
We are currently recruiting for an Interim Head of Pensions to join the business for a period of 6 months.
Reporting into the Group Reward, Pensions & Employee Relations Director the Head of Pensions will be responsible for the defining and implementing of the Group wide Pension strategy. The role holder will provide subject matter expertise to resolve complex pension queries and will lead all development work, ensuring that the Group remains compliant with internal policy and external regulation. With one direct report the role will involve cross-functional liaison with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Ownership of the Group wide Pension strategy
* Build and maintain key Group stakeholder relationships and overall ownership of relevant third party relationships including pension service providers and the pension regulator.
* Lead all pension projects and be able to report the return on investment of the strategic projects delivered
* The role is accountable for developing and delivery of Pensions projects in line with the strategy and ensure effective communication to all stakeholders.
* Keep abreast of any regulatory changes and external market benchmarking to identify and evaluate emerging Pension requirements and trends and ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
* Identify and ensure any organisational Pension risks are in line with the Group's risk framework and ensure governance frameworks are in place to proactively manage those risks.
* Provide expert subject matter advice, coaching and guidance to a number of key stakeholders across the Group on pension changes and policy and be able to influence senior leaders when setting the pension direction for the Group
* Developing communication strategies to promote the benefits of pension schemes
* Lead day to day operational activities within the Pensions team
* Pension Professional (APMI or ACA ) of graduate calibre
* Broad Pension experience, including experience of managing DB and DC Scheme administration, actuarial, consulting and investment matters, corporate acquisitions, and the pension considerations resulting from such transactions.
* Enthusiastic team player who can work well with other members of the team * Strong communication and influencing skills
* Willingness and desire to broaden skills and experience outside of purely pensions
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.